Friday, November 11, 2005

#1 Post

And I'm off!...Like a herd of turtles... -- My Mom

It seemed appropriate to begin with my mom. It brings feelings of birth and beginnings, which is really what this post is all about. Unfortunately, I am not totally done with deciding what I want this blog to be. I've wanted to start a blog/creative writing project for some time now, and unfortunately, in order to reply to my friends' posts on their blog, I had to sign up and start my own. Now. Way to throw me into the deep end, Blogger. No time like the present, right? I have held my proverbial nose and decided to just jump. But swimming alone is not that fun. So I figured I'd include the reader in on my thought process. You can help me gel my thoughts/goals for this blog. I invite you to be my invisible, somewhere-in-cyberland guide. Maybe give me some ideas....feedback....or advice. Which I will need, since I don't know jack about HTML. (Until further notice, do not expect anything fancy!) XX, since you and XY will probably be the first and only readers for a while, I will probably be giving you a call. About computer stuff. As usual.

Here is what I'm thinking: I'd like to do something along the lines of Carrie Bradshaw (SATC) meets Bridget Jones' Diary. I assure you I am more Bridget than Carrie! Think of me as Carrie's shoe in Bridget's mouth. Yeah, I'm a smooth one. Nine times out of ten, the question I will be asking is, "How did I get myself in this situation?" I will discuss not only dating (or, in my case, a lack of dating) but also the other aspects of real life. So I'd like to bring you stories of my adventures in....life. It's more than men, more than friends, more than family. I will share stories of my stupid roommate, stupid job and stupid car. Thankfully, those are the only stupid things in my life. That is, as long as all three of my dates this weekend go well....(more later).

Eventually, I'd like this to be a half-real blog. By that I mean this would also be a creative writing project for me. So the other half would be a novel--with input from my readers, of course. What do you think?

Finally, I would like to give a plug to a great blog--Dating Dummy. Ladies, he's sweet, he's funny and he's lookin' for love. Problem? He's got a girl and he lives in Cali. Oh, that and he doesn't know I exist. Sort of like high school! But he provides so much insight into how the other half thinks! And his blog is great! I have learned so much from him--how to create suspense, what to share/not share, how to incorporate comments without alienating the new reader, etc. I could go on and on, but I have to go figure out how to get this posted before I leave work today...hmmmm.

I look forward to a beautiful relationship! Until next time,
Virginia Belle

No comments: