Thursday, January 12, 2006

News of the Weird

Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.--Mark Twain (attributed)

Follow-up to the last post: So, I found this article, courtesy of XY of Team Richardson. I found it very helpful and relative to my question about how to know if you are good in bed.

Also today I read this article--how bizarre! It makes me think of the phrase "Green Eggs and Ham" in a whole new way...

This next weird news story pertains only to hard-core Sex and the City fans like myself. In season 2, do you remember when Carrie was dating the short story writer, and while he was ok, she really fell in love with his family? His mother was played by Valerie Harper. They ended up breaking up because he suffered from PE (pre-mature ejaculation) and didn't want to discuss it. Imagine my amazement when I watched it yesterday and realized that the actor playing the role of Vaughn looks just like Disrespectful Dan! Wierd!

Here in SC, we are having really nice weather. I'm talking 70s. In January. Also wierd.

Last night had all kinds of wierd stuff. I went out with my friends, XX and XY (aka Team Richardson) and Stuck. It will probably start to be a weekly Wednesday event--I like to call it Hump Night. :) We always have great conversations, especially about relationships. Team R is married and Stuck and I are single, so there are several perspectives. (If you'd like to read Stuck's take on the evening, you can read it here.) I learned something about men: they pay attention to how a woman walks. I had no idea. Apparently I have a good walk. Good to know, I guess. I wonder what else they pay attention to? (I know, XY, you said, "Duh! Everything!")

As we talk, we eat dinner, watch whatever game is on (IU lost to Michigan State last nite * VB is very sad*), we participate in the bar's trivia contest and play pool. Last night we saw some wierd things: a guy who was at the bar playing trivia apparently alone (I love trivia too, but sheesh!), a woman who brought her baby to the bar (who does that? just how redneck are they?) and my sudden & unexplainable abilities at playing pool. I think there was something in the air.

This isn't wierd, but I have to vent for a moment: Bigfoot is still driving me batty. He still has yet to wash his hands, cook food that doesn't stink or do anything quietly. He is really nosy about my love life, because I'm sure he is hoping I'll accidentally bring home some gay guy for his desperate ass. I have stopped introducing him to my dates because he always makes some comment about how cute their butts are or asks me if I've had sex with them yet! (For the record, I'm not a slut who gives it up after the first date and besides, it's none of your business, Bigfoot!) To his credit, he has been taking out the trash. But now I think I might start doing it. He almost threw away a box of my stuff I keep in the garage! I was leaving for work on trash day and saw it. WTF? It was a box full of picture frames and candles. Why would someone throw that away? Wouldn't you ask someone about that first? Maybe this explains what happened to my Eminem CD....

On a funny note, I have gotten Athletic Girl to start calling him Bigfoot! And he answers to it now! Ha!

79 more days. Just 79 more days. Everyone keep the first weekend in April free! Party @ VB's!

But the Prize for Wierdest Story of the Day goes to this hum-dinger: FexSexy called me. I swear, men have ESP. I had just really resigned myself to get over it and was not even thinking about him at all when--boom!--he calls, right as I'm leaving to go to Hump Night. Aaaarrgh! Get me off this rollercoaster! It's killing me! Athletic Girl was teasing me about it. She says I get all giggly and sweet-talky when he calls. She does this hilarious impression of me on the phone with him. I wish you could hear it! I probably do sound just like that!

He has been extremely busy, methinks, because he said he was exhausted and had just now gotten a moment of spare time. (For anyone who doesn't know, he is in training to become a State Trooper and so he is at this sort-of boot camp thing where he isn't allowed to go anywhere until the weekend. But he can use his phone after 6pm!) So, as much as I hate to admit this to my inner skeptic, I guess all this time he was just busy. Stuck and XY think he just has a lot on his plate right now and he's trying to figure out where to fit me in. He is coming over tomorrow evening (Friday) to hang out with me before he leaves town to go visit his Dad. While I am pleased that he made plans more than an hour in advance this time, I'm still hoping for a real date. One where I have time to look nice, we go out in public and share a meal. I'm going to be patient, though. I've made it this far. He must be interested. We can always do that some other time. Whew! I'm so much more calm now. And pretty stoked, I must say. I guess this is just how he operates. I'll deal. I just needed some occassional reciprocation, you know?

I'm thinking.... I'm going to tell FedSexy I'm not interested in dating anyone else. What do you think? I'm wondering if he is not prioritizing me much because he's under the impression I'm seeing other people. (I'm not anymore. I was though, when he asked me about it.) If so, I can't blame him. I'd probably do the same.

Tomorrow I'm taking the afternoon off thanks to some comp time. Lunch, ice cream and a pedicure with my coworker, K, and then home for smooches with FedSexy!

5 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

Oh shoot. I forgot to explain about why our Trivia Team name is Heavy Petting. When you play the trivia game at the bar, you pick your own team name. Right when the game started last night, we were in the middle of a discussion about sex (how to know if you are good in bed) when XX used the phrase "heavy petting" which made us giggle. XX really likes that term, so we went with it, and giggled every time it was announced. or at least I did.

Stuck said...

I'm still waiting on a graphic description of what defines "heavy" petting

Virginia Belle said...

I'll have to address that in a later post....maybe a sex vocab lesson? just to establish common knowledge, of course. not because i like to talk about sex. [insert your snicker here]

Anonymous said...

I fairly sure that we have not met because I dont know any blonde, quick-witted, highlighter collecting, baking goddesses...and if we had been introduced, I assure you, you would never be the same. But to prove it to you, right now, Im JUST about eleven hundred fifty miles from you. You drive a pontiac but you have a chance to redeem your status if you read carefully.

NML/Natalie said...

Don't tell him that you just want him. He hasn't earned that and occasional reciprocation is selling yourself short! He needs to step up to the plate before you give it to him on a plate!