Random stuff that is on my mind today...
1. Something is seriously wrong with my electricity bill. An 800 sq. ft. apartment should never have a $165 bill. I don't care how hot it is. So we are getting someone to look at our AC. I don't think it knows when to shut off, because we will set it at 75 degrees, but it won't stop cooling until we turn into human popsicles and shut it off manually.
2. So far, I have eaten pretty healthy food today. Except for some lemon cookies...but that's ok. Baby steps. Perfection isn't the goal anyway. I have not had any cigarettes in almost 48 hours. Go me.
3. I had a super duper fun weekend. I hung out with K and Matilda Jane, who I just adore to pieces. I finally have a friend whose shoes I can borrow! Our feet are (almost) the same size. And I like her taste. She is the coolest. We are both glad to meet another girl who is not bitchy or boring. Hooray for new gal pals!
4. My other blog is seriously dying. Must post recipes!
5. If there is no diet coke in the afterlife, I'm really not interested in going there. I am on such a huge kick--I drink a liter a day lately! I also cannot stop eating peanut butter or anything fruity. Does anyone else get temporary food addictions? Because right now I have 4 bags of frozen fruit, 2 boxes of popsicles, some watermelon, bananas, nectarines, two bottles of juice and an apple in my fridge. And two jars of peanut butter.
6. I can't stop buying jewelry. Another temporary kick. Sometimes it's makeup, sometimes it's shoes. Lately it's jewelry. Four pairs of earrings, two necklaces...I should post some pics...I have noticed that I buy jewelry when my love life is topsy-turvy. I wonder what a psychologist would say.
7. I really need my hair done before my roots get any worse or my ends get any rattier. They are driving me nuts. I'm thinking about going blonder....and cheating on J, my ultra-expensive hairdresser for the past 3 years. I love him, but I am not made of money.
8. K's birthday is coming up. I've already gotten her the bestest birthday present ever, because I have been taking careful notes. Now we just have to work out the details for her party on Saturday. Should we have it at home or get everyone to meet up at a bar? Hmmm...
9. If Sammy gets any cuter, I am afraid I might have to eat him up. My baby talk to him is getting so bad, I got on my own nerves today. Ewww. I need to stop.
10. Um...ok, confession time. I have been talking to and seeing Repo. About once a week. Things are....complicated. Yet wonderful. He is being wonderful. Giving him some time and space to let him work on his life has turned him into Mr. Awesome ExBoyfriend. WTF? Where was this guy when we were dating?? Anyway, he seems to really want to try hard to make me happy, which isn't a bad thing...but I'm too scared to hold my breath. Time will tell. So will actions.
11. Every day I am here, I feel like I am in Office Space. The only things missing are tetris, Chee-tos and The Bobs. Yeah. That's it.
12. The Czarina just called me. She can't find her emerald earrings or her engagement ring. This is not good. She has never ever lost anything--she's not like that at all. Her jewelry stays locked most of the time. She never puts her engagement ring anywhere other than her jewelry drawer--no exceptions in 30 years. And she hasn't worn those emerald earrings in years, so she hasn't been taking them out of the drawer or anything. She's freaking out. And now I am too. I'm sure they will turn up.
13. What is up with people not notifying me about jobs? Since the beginning of June, I have applied for 3 part time jobs and one full time job. NONE of them have let me know whether the positions have been filled. How rude.
14. Tomorrow I have to go to this technology workshop thing-a-ma-jiggie. I'll be there most of the day. It will be nice to have a change of scenery.
15. I might not need to get a part-time job. Starting next month, my (tiny) raise will kick in, and it should be enough to help me build up my cushion again. Combined with a couple of months of paying just the minimum on my Visa and the fact that I don't have to pay the loan anymore and I think I'm ok. Whew!
16. As I type this, there is a letter headed for my house. It is from Lady Starfish. She told me that some random lady came into her place of employment. The lady had a photo of her single, adult son, and she is looking to fix him up. Since she has a boyfriend and I am newly single (technically speaking), she is forwarding the photo to me. I know her--I can only imagine how awful this photo is. And I'm sure she has included some hilarious note listing all of this wonderful bachelor's hobbies and traits. She is getting even with me.
You see, about two years ago, she was talking to her ex-husband. Despite the divorce, they are good friends, but I still love to tease her that they will get re-married. When this was going on, I decided to sign her up for every wedding and bridal website in America. I sent out her address and phone number to every major store, so she could get on their registry list. I think I even actually set up the registry at Wal-Mart. Anyway, she got emails, letters, phone calls, free samples and magazines for months. And she was single. I thought this was hilarious, but she just got annoyed. I'm sure it's payback time.
17. Oh! It's 4:30! Time to go home! Until tomorrow, guys....