Thursday, July 13, 2006

Motivation

Random note before I begin: Sometime in my sleep the other night, I was turning over or adjusting and managed to scratch the ever-loving crap out of my eyelid. As in, scraped off a hunk of skin. Don't ask me how I did it. I only have vague recollections of it even happening. I guess it comes with the territory when your nails are doing well. (Thank you, biotin supplements!)

Can you say "ouch"?

So I really wish there was a Motivation supplement. Like a 500 mg one. Because I would take like 4 of those puppies every day for the next few weeks. Why? I am a fat slug, that's why. That's me in the picture. I have been eating whatever, doing nothing and smoking. And I have very little desire to change this. I would guesstimate that I've put on about 7-10 pounds since February. Say it with me: Ouch.

What happened to active, healthy, kinda-on-her-way-to-getting-semi-skinny, non-smoker VB? Where did she go?

I hope she finally got that new string bikini and jetted off to the Carribean with a hot pool boy....she deserves it after all the salads she ate.


Anyway, the good news is, K feels the same way. We have been laying around like elephant seals lately. That's me in the picture. And I don't know about you, but for me, watching tv = eating. Can. Not. Stop. So now, K and I are both at the point where our wardrobe choices are shrinking. Rapidly. Literally. And we are panicking. (Well, she's panicking. I'm still holding out for some story to pop up on the news: Genius Scientist Links Deep Breathing with Rapid Weight Loss--Test Subjects Returning to High School Weight Within Days)

Hey, it could happen.

We have decided that it has got to stop. Ok, she has. I am just grudgingly admitting that she is right. So we are taking a powerwalk this afternoon. I am going to the gym this weekend (after my obligatory 48 hours of no cigarettes so my lungs can get ready) if it kills me. I will....try to eat better. I guess. *rolls eyes*

Can someone please come over to my house and remove the ice cream, Cheez-its, Oreos and frozen pizzas? I have to make room for the spinach. Blech!

Crap. I just realized that by posting this, people will be trying to motivate me. And ask how my diet/exercise regime is doing. Go ahead. Ride my ass. I need it.

Pisser.

11 comments:

j.sterling said...

lmfao @ the "that's me in the picture"... whore. LOL
i fucking hate eating well. i know i need too and should, but it really is a mentally challenging battle.
good luck. you can do it. and while you're at it, lose 10 pounds or mine too, k? but lose them FOR me

Mrs. S. said...

I'd try the breathing thing..

Yes, Rainbow is back, along with a few color kids!!! YEA! They also come with DVD's.. I'm thinking I'm going to get Patty O'Green.. I mean I'm going to get Patty O' Green for my daughter... Yeah.. That's what I meant.

Random Musings said...

AK how did you get the picute of me lying on that pillow..
RIght there with you...
UGG..
And DIET I almost get sick thinking of the word even... **sigh**

Kelli said...

Diets blow. I am so afraid of when I am going to be a real person again and have to cut back on the crap. Lets just say that I have become very accustomed to junior mints, doritos and chocolate milkshakes..

sassafras said...

I feel the same way! I'm trying not to pressure myself too much or else it WILL feel like a diet and that will never work for me. I try to think of it as small changes I'm making beause I can, not because I have to. Good luck!

Virginia Belle said...

ster-- yeah, i was going to add a whale picture in too, but it was just too depressing. and lose your own weight, bee-atch!

red-- i had patty o'green! OMG! she's somewhere at my mom's house. i kept all my toys from childhood. one day we will be reunited...

RMOML--welcome aboard. it's nice to have company.

anne-- ok, i dont' know how anyone can like junior mints. ick! i'm just not big on minty stuff. it's one of the few junk foods i can easily resist. but i guess if they were in a milkshake, they'd be good...and doritos are the bomb diggity.

miss fire-- to my credit, i had ZERO cigarettes yesterday. *bows* thank you, thank you....but i'm working on those oreos....

sassafras-- yes. good idea. small changes. not major life overhauling. good mentality. must. think. small.

NML/Natalie said...

I'm good at nagging if you need a push ;-)

Lisa said...

The only cardio I get is from walking bar to bar... oh, and f***ing...

I saw SCREW IT (literally or figuratively)
Let's just go to happy hour and b*tch about it until they come up with some miracle weight loss formula.
either that, or squeeze in some extra f***ing...

Virginia Belle said...

NML-- i might take you up on that offer...

MJ-- this might be my favorite comment ever. you are a girl after my own heart. i'll meet you there, smokes in tow!

DCVita said...

New to your blog. Very entertaining! I hate eating right and going to the gym. I was actually contemplating not going to the gym this afternoon (on a friday no less) but decided that my fat ass needs to fit into a bridesmaid dress (oh the horror) in less than a month. And since the banana yellow satin mockery of apparel has to be worn..i have no choice but to munch on carrot sticks while running on a treadmill. You know who I am...I am the hamster that is brainlessly running after a lost cause.

teahouse said...

Ok, so here's my method: I sign up for lots of team sports, where people are relying me to show up. Then I eat whatever I want. Works like a charm!

So I'm taking tae kwon do, and of course I have to go at least 3 days a week to get my money's worth, right?

Then I joined a USTA league and I play tennis at least once a week.

Then I started running with some coworkers. I have to show up to the runs; otherwise I disappoint them.

Next thing I know, I'm skinny and exhausted! And yes, I eat whatever I want to in the meantime..when I can find the time.

Voila!