Thursday, October 25, 2007

Best Sick Day Ever!!!

WARNING: This might be the gushiest, mushiest, sappiest post I've ever written in my whole life. If you are annoyed or have a weak stomach, you may want to just look at the pictures. :)

Ugh, I have had the worst cold all week. I'm getting better, but I have been in and out of work all week. Yesterday was the worst -- I was out all day. I felt terrible, but managed to sleep most of the morning.

When I got up to eat my breakfast, I got a call from work. Someone had sent me flowers on the one sick day I've had in months! Shoot! Luckily, my coworker offered to drop the flowers off at my house on her lunch break. Look at what was inside the box!!


(Can you see my Sudafed that I've been popping like peanuts? LOL)

CN sent the flowers to me to cheer me up since I have been sick all week! They are still in the process of blooming. Every time I go in the living room, it seems like I have another flower. They are irises (irisii??) of different colors. They are gorgeous!!

The note was so sweet, too. "Hey Babe, just thought I'd cheer you up since you're sick. Hope you're feeling better. P.S. How many points do I get for this? -- CN"

Well, needless to say, he got a lot of points yesterday. He even took a mid-afternoon break to come over and hang out with me for a little bit. Then he went back to work and I began to make his birthday dinner (yes, he actually sent me flowers the day before his own birthday! Is he unreal or what?). By this point in the day I was starting to feel a lot better.

He wanted chili and cheesecake, so that's what he got! As I waited for the chili to finish simmering, I got all gussied up (I was sick of looking gross and sickly, you know?). When I opened the door, he told me I looked so good he wanted to forget eating dinner! (Woo Hoo!!!) I told him dessert was later. ;) He had two helpings of chili and a big piece of cheesecake. He opened his birthday card and saw that I got him two tickets to the Falcons game next month. I think I must have "done good" because he jumped up and came across the table to give me a big hug and kiss. It turns out, he has never been to a Falcons game before, so I think he's pretty excited! (Yessssss! Go me!)

Did I tell you that we are having dinner with his parents on Saturday? And that he invited me to go to his parents' house for Thanksgiving? Yeah. I don't think I can go -- The Czarina would probably kill me--but it can't hurt to ask.

"Doesn't it feel like we have been dating forever?" he said last night.
"Yeah, but it's only been like....2 months! Weird, huh?" I replied.
He nodded.
"Have you noticed that everything between us is just so....easy? Like it's just totally smooth sailing all the time?" I said.
"Yeah. With everyone else I've dated, it's been like pulling teeth," he replied.
"Yeah, I usually feel like..."I trailed off.
"...like one person is always trying harder than the other?" he asked, finishing my sentence.
"Exactly!! This is so much better!" I said.
"I know! You're the best girlfriend I've ever had. I really mean it. You are," he said.
"Really?? Well, I didn't know guys like you even existed! I am so glad that we met," I gushed.
"Me too. I've been looking for someone like you for a long time," he replied.
"Happy Birthday, Baby," I said.

Then we hung out together for the rest of the night. Just the two of us. I won't go into details, but um.........you can guess. ;)

24 comments:

(removed) said...

Awww...how sweet. :)

Side note: You'll love the Georgia Dome. Not a bad seat in the entire place. What game are you guys going to? And have you ever been to Atlanta? (Sorry if there's an obvious answer to this question. I've only been reading your blog for a couple of months. haha)

Lisa said...

I would totally make fun of you, but here I am listening to a song with the lyrics "a synonym for you won't do, I confess, I'm a mess without you..." and thinking about you-know-who. Aaaahhhhhh f*ck...

see you later, schmoopie.

sassafras said...

Jen took to words out of my mouth - awwww...how sweet!

So happy for you!

Virginia Belle said...

jen-- actually, i got him tickets to the falcons/panthers game, which will be in charlotte. it's just an hour's drive, as opposed to a three hour drive. i like atlanta. haven't been to the georgia dome, but would love to go!

mj-- ugh. we are disgusting. i mean, i was listening to extreme's "more than words" yesterday. *barf!*

sassafras-- i promise i will back off with the mushiness soon!!! but there's so much to gush about. i can't help it!

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Ouch...he's never been to a Falcons' game before, and you got him tickets to a ROAD game?!?!?!?!?

Just kidding.

The only thing that will suck is that there will be about 55,000 Carolina fans and a handful of Falcons fans.

"Then we hung out together for the rest of the night."

My goodness.

Virginia Belle said...

rwa-- *giggle* we had to make up for last weekend! it's his birthday!!

GrewUpRural said...

So sweet and mushy. It's great to experience those feelings. Happy for you and CN.

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

awww that is so sweet:)

Smug said...

I am so happy for you! Sounds like you have someone really special and I know from experiance - finding the real thing is WAYYYY better than all those losers we used to date!

(removed) said...

I agree with rwa. Ouch, indeed. :/ But I'm sure CN is happy either way. And I'm equally sure that you guys will still have a great time.

I'm hoping for you both that the surrounding Carolina fans will be cool, and not total assholes. It could always be worse, though. You could be surrounded by Philadelphia Eagles fans!

And a three hour drive is nooooothing. It takes us 6 (coming from Myrtle Beach). Each time we pass through Columbia, I always think 'Wow, our trip would be so much shorter if we lived here.' And then I remember how much I loathe Cola (I spend a lot of time in conferences and training there). Plus, my disdain for Steve Spurrier would render any move to Cola impossible. :P

ANYWAY, have a great time! :)

The K Life said...

GAH. TOO FREAKIN CUTE!!

teahouse said...

Very cute!!

You didn't 'give him your cold' did you? (wink wink)

PomJob said...

Could this boy be any sweeter?

Hope you feel better :)

Do you ever see HN? Wonder what he's thinking about all this.

GrewUpRural said...

Jen-

There are a few nice Philadelphia Eagles fans. I stress few.

You'll enjoy the game VB.

Phantom Hater said...

~jp
"Do you ever see HN? Wonder what he's thinking about all this."

Forget HN. What about SCNSPLN (Slightly Creepy, Not-so-pleasant-looking Neighbor)? You know, the *other* neighbor--the one who stands outside clutching the garden hose in his sweaty hand, watering his yard for hours at a time, just creepily staring at you as you walk to your car, with a line of drool oozing down his chin. I wonder what *he* thinks about all this.

Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

You can gush all you want! Remember that Sex and The City episode where Carrie is gushing to Charlotte and she says "I just love him so much I want to squeeze him!"

I can totally be your Charlotte. I promise not to projectile vomit.

Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

And Jen.....Philly fans are THE WORST! But I think that Pittsburgh fans almost have them beat. Nothing I hate more than die hard Steeler fans. *rolls eyes*

Phantom Hater said...

Honestly, the worst fans are GameCock fans. They love to throw human excrement at people who root for the other team and at their tailgate "parties" there is usually a guy in a rooster outfit cornholing a replica of the mascot of the other team. Bastards. And Steve Spurrier encourages it. Because he has no soul.

NCF!

Lisa said...

*throwing excrement at PH*

careful, I have quite the excrement collection from the foster dogs.

crackfire said...

Awww man I can tell you two are having the time of your life :)

Southern (in)Sanity said...

"...it's his birthday!!"

Uhhhh...I thought that's what the FALCONS TICKETS were for?!?!??!?!


:)

Mrs. S. said...

That is so sweet! I think I hear bells in Belle's future..

Len said...

OMG! I'm getting goosebumps all over my body!

meish said...

awwwwwwwww, way cute. so happy for you!