Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Wednesday Randomness

Thanks, everyone, for your supportive comments on the last post. I am in much better spirits than I was when I posted that last week. CN's dad is still in the hospital, but it's just so he can get some strength back before he goes home on Friday. Hopefully, the radiation went well. We will see. CN and I are hopefully going to visit him this weekend.

I haven't posted in a week! Let me see, what has been going on....CN's air conditioner broke, costing him $1,400. YIKES. I don't know if he was under warranty or not, and CN was too annoyed to care -- he just wanted it fixed. The unit is only 3 years old. It needed a new coil and it was leaking antifreeze (or whatever that liquid is they put in AC units). No one we know had any good recommendations for HVAC companies, so he just called someone out of the phone book. He's worried he got screwed, as am I, but it's sort of like mechanics -- unless you get a good recommendation, you're a target for getting screwed. :(

They say bad things come in 3s......keep your fingers crossed for CN! He might have another doozy left!

My roommate E isn't interested in the Random Guy anymore. So that's good......for me, anyway! He was a jerk, from what she's told me, and CN met him and told me afterwards that he had "loser" written all over him! LOL I had to agree -- what 33 year old guy still lives with his parents? And lets his mom still do his laundry? Red flag!

Sammy turned 6 this past weekend. He got lots of treats and a walk in the park. Aw. Let me see if I can find a pic of him really quickly....

There he is! My little puppy dog...aw.

Ok, this is an exciting time of year, because it is both football season and back-to-school season. Oh! And election time, too. I have fun stuff to share!

But right now, I gotta run. I have to work at Dildo's tonight, but I promise I will post the fun stuff tomorrow!!

6 comments:

teahouse said...

It's usually Freon in the refrigeration systems. Hahaha, had to show off my nerdlingly engineering background...

I'm glad CN's dad is doing ok. And what an adorable doggie!

Smug said...

Your dog is SOOOO cute! I miss having dogs, but they make my skin break out in red bumps and make my nose run, so I can't have one.

kimmykins13 said...

awww - Happy B-day to the 'lil samster!!! I'll have to give him a pet on facebook.

Glad CN's Dad is doing better!!

Unknown said...

Sammy: "Walk, walk, walk, now, now, now".

So cute!

cmk said...

Glad to hear you're doing better. All of you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Sam said...

Did you know that Dude is 6 year old, too? How special, huh? Sammy is seriously adorable.