Sunday, October 23, 2011

Homeward Bound

Interview was a little odd (they asked a couple of questions that were not typical questions). Not sure if I answered them all that well.

I was nervous, and forgot the names of the people interviewing me, so I was unable to send thank you notes to 3 of the 4 people. Luckily, the one name I did remember is the director of the museum library.

I had good feelings (but not great) about how I did.

Tried every day since then to not get my hopes up, dreading a rejection letter and being stuck here for another 6 months or something.

But all was for naught. I got the job!!!!!!!!!!

I start the Monday after Thanksgiving!!!!! I am SO EXCITED. But I think The Czarina may actually be more excited than I am. :)

More later....gotta run. Millions of things to do. Like tell my job I am quitting....they don't know yet! So those of you who know me on FB, keep this under wraps for the time being!

6 comments:

SJP said...

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!

GrewUpRural said...

Congratulations on your new job!

Smug said...

Congrats!!!!

Jonathan said...

Congratulations!

kimmykins13 said...

YAAAAY!!!! I had four people on my panel for the Police Department, was nervous and forgot two of the names - Had email addresses on the other two, so I sent emails thanking those two and asking them to relay to the remainder of the panel how appreciative I was for the interview since I didn't have their email addresses. I GOT THE JOB (back in Jan.) and you did too!!! Congratulations!! :)
(oh, and now you will be closer to VB and your Bro. Come party in VB once you get settled in Richmond)

don said...

That's great! good luck.