Friday, November 02, 2007

Fun Friday!!

Were you alive in the 1970s? Aren't you glad those clothes are gone? Or are you feeling sentimental and want to take a trip back in time? You need to check out this hilarious post!

It's that time of year, folks. It's almost TURKEY TIME! Woo hoo! Although I love eating it, I am deathly afraid of cooking large pieces of meat. Unusual fear, I know. But I have my reasons. One reason is because if you screw it up, there goes dinner. Another fear is that everyone will be all excited to dig in, only to find the center of the bird/ham/roast is raw/frozen. Eeeeeewwww! I mean, how do you know when it's done?? The third reason is this:


And while we're on the subject of food, I will pass on a funny forward I got from a coworker. It is called: The Importance of Good Communication. Here goes....

"Be sure you don't order a cake from Wal-Mart....

We had a 'going away' party yesterday for a lady at our office. One of
the supervisors called Wal-Mart and ordered the cake.

He told them to write:

'Best Wishes Suzanne' and underneath that write 'We will miss you'.

As the picture shows, it didn't quite turn out right. It was too funny
not to keep it. Well, no one ever said you have to be smart to work at
Walmart, ha ha ha!"

Here is a picture of the cake:



Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

13 comments:

cmk said...

Okay, the video had me laughing so hard my hubby had to come and see it, too. That is just too, too funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Alison said...

I am too afraid to do a turkey too. I'm 34, with my own family, and make sure every year we're either at my mom's or my mother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. Nobody has caught on yet. :)

Lexie Lou said...

The cake photo made me laugh. When I showed my mom she told me that she had gotten the photo in an email earlier in the week from one of our reps(in Louisana). It was from on of the companies she reps out of Little Rock,AR. Just goes to show how small a world the south is(I'm in Memphis). And reminds me that I need to email you to see if you know a friend of mine that is living in Columbia.

teahouse said...

OMG..the video and the cake were both hilarious!!!!!

Have a great weekend, VB...

Megan said...

Fear of cooking large pieces of meat...FUNNY!

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Isn't that what they make those long, shiny thermometer things for - so you can see how hot/done the middle part is?

The turkey in "Christmas Vacation" was classic.

The K Life said...

HAHAHA I so got that cake picture in an email at work!! CRACKS ME UP

The K Life said...

omg WAIT A SECOND!! what that really at YOUR office???

no lie that was in a joke email that I got!!

When Darkness Falls... said...

That video was hilarious! And the cake? Seriously?! Hahahahaha! Oh well, it is Walmart!

Thanks for the laughs. :)

Phantom Hater said...

Wal-mart slander!! I won't stand for it! As the official Internet Wal-mart Defender, I believe that the cake is not in an offical Wal-mart Bakery box and is therefore not a Wal-mart cake.

Wal-mart promotes tons of jobs for your local economy! Wal-mart gets rid of those over-priced Mom-and-Pop shops that have signs like, "You break, you buy!" That's the risk they took with their small business plan in a capitalistic society anyway.

The local Wal-mart price is $3.36 for a 12-pack of Coca-Cola. At the nearby leading grocer, the price is $4.18. If you invested that 80 cents saved per month, you could afford a cheap hooker in only a matter of a few years, whereas by not saving the 80 cents, you couldn't afford to pay for sex and would be...um...very sad.

Virginia Belle said...

cmk & teahouse & when darkness falls -- you're welcome! that's why i write the FF posts! :)

alison -- i am SO utilizing your strategy one day!!!

baja hockey fan-- oh, i am not surprised to hear that the South is a small world! i know it is. everyone down here knows everyone else. email me that name! i'm curious!

megan -- yeah, it's weird, i know. i'm just afraid of everything that could go wrong. just dropping it alone is enough to keep me up at night.

rwa-- i don't trust those things. what if you stick it into the wrong part of the meat??

K Life-- no, it's just an email forward. i have no personal connection to the story. i don't even know anyone named suzanne.

PH-- dude, don't even get me started on wal-mart.

Stuck said...

That. Woman. WRESTLED. Raw. Poultry!

I think I'm gonna throw up.

(M)ary said...

That is the most hilarious cake I have ever seen!!!