Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CN's Dad

I think I have mentioned before that CN's dad is in poor health. He has cancer, and is currently undergoing chemo for it. He also walks with a cane, since he hasn't been so steady ever since he had a heart attack a few years back.

I just got an email from CN. His dad had a bad fall this past weekend, and is now in the hospital down in Augusta. They think there is internal bleeding. It's not good.

CN said that his mom is pretty unshakable, but she was crying when she just called him to tell him to go to Augusta right away. So I know that's not good -- my mom is the same way. When non-criers cry, that is a bad sign.

Anyway, I told him that I am willing to go down to Augusta if he wants me to. I'm waiting to hear back. Hopefully, his dad will be ok and we can go on with Thanksgiving like we've been planning.

Please keep CN's dad in your prayers. I'll try and keep the blog updated, but I don't really know what the next few days will bring.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. If I don't post again, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

13 comments:

When Darkness Falls... said...

I am so sorry. I will definately pray for him. I hope all goes well and you get to enjoy your Thnksgiving.

Megan said...

I hope everything works out. My thoughts and prayers will be with CN's father.

Scotty said...

I'm sorry, my thoughts are with CN's father.. hope everything turns out ok..

Alison said...

I'm sorry to hear about CN's dad. I hope the whole family will get to enjoy the Thanksgiving get-together you've all been planning.

cmk said...

I, also, send my thoughts and prayers. Illness of any kind during the holidays is so hard on everyone.

teahouse said...

I'm saying a little prayer for you guys. And I hope you have a good Thanksgiving, VB.

Random Musings said...

thoughts and prayers are with CN and his family... well and you too always..

Dixie said...

I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, CN and his family.

I hope his dad gets better soon.

Smug said...

I am so sorry to hear about CN's dad - I will be thinking of him and sending prayers.

Jonathan said...

CN's Father and all of CN's family is in my thoughts.

kimmykins13 said...

Oh wow - I'm so sorry about CN's Dad. It is a bad thing to have happen but especially right before Thanksgiving. I will keep CN and his Dad in my prayers.

Happy Thanksgiving VB!

Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

My thoughts and prayers are being sent your was as well as his. Have a good Thanksgiving...both of you.