Monday, July 28, 2008

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

This past weekend, for the first time since May, I had ---> ** AN ENTIRE WEEKEND**<--- free of work. It was great! I slept in. I went shopping. I cleaned my house. I baked a cake. I made pancakes for my boyfriend. I watched a movie (ok, most of it, because I fell asleep). I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I went to dinner. I tried not to think about work. But I did. A lot. It hung over my head all day yesterday. Back to the grind. Back to the stress. I need to finish up my Huge Project here at work, but it's one of those things where you could sit and look at it for the rest of your life and never really feel like it's done. I could spend weeks tweaking it. This is partly because the directions are EXTREMELY vague, thanks to all of the educationese. I have spent at least 7 days trying to figure out exactly what the hell a "learning resource" is. ARGH.

And thanks to higher property taxes (which translates into a $30 increase in my mortgage) and all the shopping I did this past weekend (WHY do I need three watches???), I can't afford to quit Dildo's. Yet. So I still have to head in there this week, and probably the next week, too.

I still have at least 2 more weeks of suckage. Unfortunately, the weekend off didn't really make a dent in my need to de-stress and relax. 2 days just isn't enough. I need a week. Or two. It never really felt like I left work at all, actually.

Oh well. I just have to put my nose to the grindstone and get back to it. At this point, I just want to get everything over with, you know?

All of this hard work reminded me of a scene from one of my favorite movies, Ben Hur. I'm starting to relate to Mr. Hur a lot more than I used to.

That's me, 2nd from the left. Ramming speed, indeed.

2 comments:

teahouse said...

Hooray for Ben Hur!

I'm just back from Europe and slowly catching up on everyone's blogs. So I'm off to read your posts from July.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Only you could find a way to tie "Ben Hur" into a post. Nice job.