Monday, August 21, 2006

Sweet Dreams

Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them. -- John Updike

Oh, I hope so. I have been having some crazy dreams lately. Now, I have never in my life dreamed of someone famous before, but this past week, I have had two celebrity dreams. I don't know what has started this trend. Perhaps I watched too much VH1 this weekend? Or I've read one-too-many magazines lately? Whatever the reason, I like it. A lot.

The first one was with Nick Lachey (Oh, Mama, he is a hottie!) and he kinda looked like this in my dream:



I don't remember much of the dream other than I was comforting him. No, not that way, you pervert. I just remember hugging him and listening to his problems. He was upset, and I was stroking his hair and talking to him. Awww, I'm so nice. I'm sure I had ulterior motives. Too bad I don't remember any of the good stuff. Oh well. I'm sure I rocked his world.

Then, last night, I had an even crazier one. This time it was Eva Longoria's boyfriend, Tony Parker. Why? I have no idea. I don't even watch NBA basketball. Or Desperate Housewives. I'm really not even all that attracted to him. If you don't know who I am talking about, here is a picture of the happy couple:

Now, I really hope Miss Longoria doesn't read this blog (yeah, right) because she probably won't like this post. I dreamt that I not only hooked up with Tony, but I spent the night with him. Wowza. I remember lots of giggling and hiding under the covers. I remember the making out and removal of clothing. And I remember his mother walking into the room and we said hi to her before bursting into more giggles. He told me it was ok--his mom is cool, so I needn't worry.

OMG, seriously, what is wrong with my brain? Whatever the problem is, I hope I have more of these dreams. My fingers are crossed for John Corbett next:

He is so tasty....

Sorry, I digress. In other news, do you remember that weird phone call I got about my loan? Well, not only is the loan totally forgiven, they have refunded all the money I have paid since my dad died. It totaled up to just over $1,000! Woo-Hoo!!!

I am using some of it to pay off credit card debt, some to pay bills and some to buy a digital camera! So, if you know of one that is on the cheaper side (No more than $250) and is easy to use, please let me know. I think if I got a fancy camera, I would take more pictures. If it's too complicated or bulky, I won't use it.

This weekend I had a doggie play date with MJ's dog. Her dog, Cornbread, is adorable and so sweet. She is much more of a couch potato than Sammy. She made him look psychotic. We were hoping it would be puppy love, but they just barked at each other the whole time. Eventually we had to take them to get ice cream at Bruster's so they would shut up for a while. (Seriously, this is the best ice cream I've ever had in my whole life. And I've had a lot of ice cream. So if there is one near you, go today. Try their birthday cake flavor. You won't be sorry. Oh, the coolest thing about this place is that they give you free ice cream for your dog if you ask. They even put a little Milk Bone treat on top of it.)

Then a huge thunderstorm hit, so now my car smells like wet dog. Nice. The storm was so big, our power got knocked out. Since there wasn't much else to do and candles weren't giving me enough light to read by, I went to bed at 9:30! Luckily, it came back on early this morning. I think there is another storm on its way as I type this, so it will probably get knocked out again. Gotta love late summer.

Other than this, I had a pretty mundane weekend. Just some errand running and I went out for a little while on Friday night. That's it. I didn't feel like doing much.

This week I am going to try and eat some salads (yuck!!) and go to the gym at least 3 times. Wish me luck. I am trying to drum up some motivation before my ass expands to absurd proportions.

I am really behind right now on reading everyone's blogs. I am working on it, I promise! My job is a little hectic right now, so I will try to catch up this week. Sorry!

10 comments:

The Dummy said...

Wow, what a great way to start the week! Dreams, an extra thousand bucks, getting in better shape... you go!

NotCarrie said...

I'm a big fan of Canon cameras, but they sometimes run more.

cmk said...

A couple of years ago I got my hubby a Canon PowerShot A70 and he likes it very well. An upgrade to the A70 is the A620 and right now newegg.com has a price of $215 on it. It is a 7.1 megapixel and a 4X optical zoom--I would think it is a very good camera. Check it out.

Lisa said...

My guess on the celeb dreams is that you're long overdue for some... a-hem...

As for the camera, I'm boycotting Canon because they wouldn't fix or replace my camera when I dropped it in a bar toilet... err, I mean.. a puddle after a rainstorm...

CB misses Sammy. She layed on the backseat all the way home all sad and pouting.

Gypsy said...

What's always funny to me is when I dream of an obscure celebrity who I don't even fancy before the dream but after the dream it's like I have an instant crush on them, like the dream brought it out of me.

NML/Natalie said...

At least you have dreams with hotties in them. Fingers crossed that it rubs off on me! ;-) Welcome back! I had a dream about that crazy woman that did the prayer at the wedding. I'd take your dreams anytime!

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

i wish i could dream abotu nick lachey! that rocks

Lisa said...

Nick and John ARE tasty! Uhhuh. :-)

Mrs. S. said...

How pathetic has Nick Lachey become that women only dream of consoling him. Poor, poor geriatric boy-bander....

Virginia Belle said...

DD-- I was hoping you would give me camera advice! you are a super photographer!

notcarrie-- yeah, they seem to be popular.

cmk-- thanks!!!

MJ-- yes, you guessed it. i guess i'm busted. you crack me up w/your camera story. Sammy misses Cornbread, too. I think they liked each other.

Gypsy-- YES! so true! suddenly, Nick Lachey is SO HOT to me.

NML-- your dream is too funny!!!all that pent-up laughter was too much for your brain to handle! you had to let it out, even if only thru your subconscisous.

becky-- yeah. it did. i'm not gonna lie.

lisa--fingers crossed i have a juicier dream soon....

red-- hey, if he needs consoling, i can take on that chore!