Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks

Thank you to all the readers who left comments for me on the last post. I am not quite sure on the details about CN's dad, but he was allowed to go home last night, under the promise that he would come right back this morning. So he's not out of the clear, but it doesn't sound like it's too serious right now. CN is coming back to Columbia today.

WHEW.

I wish I knew more, but that's all I've got for now. Hopefully CN's dad will be feeling better and isn't dealing with anything serious. Then we can have Thanksgiving.

Speaking of that, one of the many things I am thankful for this year are my blog readers. Everyone is so supportive and helpful. Although I know few of you in real life, I am grateful for all the contact I do have with my readers, whether it's just on this blog, on myspace or in real life. I love the blogosphere's supportive attitude and I love meeting new people, if only virtually. You guys crack me up, and your interest in this blog never ceases to amaze me. You are understanding when I don't read your blog for months and sometimes, I feel like y'all are as emotionally invested in my dating life as I am! LOL! I love you guys. Please be careful when you are traveling this week and have a great time eating and hanging out with your fams!!!

Thanks for explaining that weird advice my mom gave me. I still don't really get it, but I guess it's because I don't have any kids of my own. I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt and avoid all pet names with CN in front of his mom. It will be weird to call him by name, though. I'm very used to calling him "babe" or "sweetheart".

Aw.

Ok, enough mush. Stupid hormones. And I miss my boyfriend. It's funny how quickly you miss someone when you're worried about them, huh?

Since we only have a half day at work today, I am running errands after work. I gotta go to the bank to deposit my Holiday Bonus (which is $200 more than last year! Woo Hoo!!!) and then I'm going to the mall and hopefully crossing some peeps off my Xmas list. Including myself, because I think my Christmas present to myself this year will be these. (Does everyone else buy themselves a Christmas gift? Or am I the only one? You see, this way, I'm guaranteed to get at least one thing I like. Can you tell my brothers suck at Christmas presents? Yeah.)

Anyway, I HATE dealing with holiday shoppers, so this will be my last chance before the crowds hit. After tomorrow, I am doing all my shopping at weird hours or online. Or far, far away from the mall.

I know you are all fascinated to hear this and this is the most interesting blog post you've ever read in your whole life.......riiiiiiiiight.

Then, I am baking three pies: pumpkin, sweet potato and pecan. If I have time, I might make some of my mom's Cranberry-Orange bread. Mmmmm.

As if this post isn't rambling and random enough, here is some more stuff:

I learned on the news this morning that today is the biggest day of the YEAR for people to order pizza delivery. It makes sense, if you think about it.

Did you know that Thanksgiving actually originated in my home state of Virginia? Yup. It did NOT start with the Pilgrims in Massachus... Massachussets .... Massa....dammit, how do you spell that frickin state?! Every version I type gets a red underline.

Makes me glad I'm not from there. Anyway, you know what state I'm talking about.

I sure do hope CN's mom makes yummy food. I am going to be missing my mom's stuffing (with sausage, apples and lots of sage), green bean casserole (I swear, hers is the best), turkey gravy and mashed potatoes. According to my dad, it was "the perfect meal" -- and my whole family agrees. My mom does it up right for Thanksgiving. So CN's mom has a tough act to follow.

But she's going to make sweet potato casserole, which I have been lobbying for at Mom's house for years--with no luck. So I'm pretty excited about that. Mmmm, with marshmallows on top...

Can't wait!!! Happy Turkey Day, everyone!!! As if the food isn't good enough, we get to watch all the college football games, too! I love Thanksgiving! Go Gamecocks!!!

14 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

I am glad to hear that CN's dad is making some progress. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy all those football games.

The correct spelling is : Massachusetts. Living in Rhode Island for 8+ years, I was forced to learn how to spell it correctly.

sassafras said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Good luck and have fun!

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Glad to hear that CN's dad is doing better.

Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving.

. said...

I live in Massachusetts... I'll give you a break on the spelling though.

Hope CN's dad is doing well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Caz said...

just so you know, I have those shoes in black and they are seriously THE most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Seriously. I LOVE them.

cmk said...

Have a great turkey day, my dear. Hope all goes well.

Smug said...

Have a wonderful time with CN's family - you will be fine, no worries! Maybe the family will be different than what you are used to, but that is not really a bad thing - new stuff can be great fun!

Let his dad know that he has the whole blog world pulling for him!!

Have fun!!

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

well i love reading your blog and tlaking to you on myspace and facebook:) i'm so glad CNs dad is gonna be able to be there and i hope you have a great thanksgiving!

Alison said...

I hear ya on avoiding the holiday shoppers! I dragged my husband and kids out today for that one LAST day of semi-peaceful shopping before it gets too crazy. I only have a few more things to get so I won't have to deal with the mayhem too much.

The report on CN's dad is good news and I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving. We can't wait to hear ALL about it! :)

don said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

When Darkness Falls... said...

So glad to hear about CN's dad. I will keep him in my prayers.

I bought those shoes for my daughter for Christmas! I love them! Yes, I buy myself Christmas presents too! When else am I out shopping all the time and get such great deals?

Happy Thanksgiving!

teahouse said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm glad CN's dad is out of the woods, and that you're going to spend the day surrounded by love. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Oh, and you should totally buy yourself a present!!!

PomJob said...

Those shoes are darling!

RE: Pizza-I think Thanksgiving Eve is just one of the biggest pizza sales days. I'm pretty sure Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest. That's also when the most cheese is sold :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lexie Lou said...

Hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day! I am glad to hear that CN's dad is doing better. As for the pizza thing its toatlly true and I contributed to it this year myself.