Thursday, August 30, 2007

Before & After

My backyard: before....



And after...




Everyone yell "Thanks, Czarina, for getting VB's yard to resemble usable land rather than a toxic urban rainforest!!" -- Ugh, seriously, it was bad, y'all. This was the best early Xmas present ever. My yard is pretty. Full of fire ants which bite the crap out of me, but pretty nonetheless. Thanks, Mom.

My hair: before...(and no, that is not me in the pic)



and after...(again, just to clarify, not me.)



Needless to say, it is taking some getting used to. My hair has never been one color before (and only this dark one other time) and I am not so sure about it. I also cut off more than I wish I had. But, oh well. It grows back. Before I die. Sometime.

For now, I am a bobbed brunette.

But I'm going right back to shoulder-length blonde ASAP!! I do not feel like myself!

In other news...

Thanks to the wonders of myspace (shut up, you know you're guilty of it, too), I have gotten some scoopage on Cute Neighbor. He'd been gone for about a week, so I just thought he was on vacay. But one week turned into almost 2, so I began to get curious. Cue the myspace stalking.

Ok, remember how his dad has cancer? Well, it turns out CN is not on vacation. He's been with his parents at some hospital somewhere out of town. His dad is getting tests/biopsies for the cancer that is spreading all in his body. (Ugh. Depressing AND stressful!) He stayed with his parents in a hotel room for about 2 weeks. I don't know about you, but I myself would have to assassinate The Czarina if forced to be within such close proximity to her for that amount of time. Aside from mentioning that he really wanted a beer and seemed to be bored and restless, he was taking it all in good stride.

What a great guy, huh? Loyal, patient, caring....*sigh*

He came back today.

I may or may not be tailgating for the USC game on Saturday.

I may or may not be inviting Cute Neighbor to come with...

...after all, the guy needs a beer and something to get his mind off of all of that. And I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Let's hope he doesn't find my new hair as hideous as I do.

Let's also hope that he lets me borrow his lawn mower. My backyard needs a trim!

16 comments:

Scotty said...

- I like your yard, well done there.

- Which pic is you?

- Go to the tailgate, invite CN. Just do it. Seriously. Now.

Let's also hope that he lets me borrow his lawn mower. My backyard needs a trim!

You know, that can be construed many ways.

KingBob said...

I think the new style is pretty cool. My only suggestion would be, since I so totally think highlights are sexy, would be to add some blonde streaks in a few places. Then it would be awesome!! KINGBOB

When Darkness Falls... said...

I just did the exact same thing to my hair!! Went from blonde to brunette. Except, I, unfortunately, also managed to get red in there too! Yuk! I've gotten quite a few compliments on it, but, like you, I just do not feel like myself. I decided to wait one week, and if I still am iffy about it, I'm going back to blonde!

Please, Please, ask CN to the tailgate!! I'm going to explode if someone doesn't make a move soon! :)

Lisa said...

Now you and I both know that is NOT the 'before' picture of your yard. That is a 'during' shot. In the REAL 'before,' it would show the jungle that was once in the back of your house... monkeys, jaguars, and all.

Phantom Hater said...

Yeah, what can it hurt to ask him? That would be a good time, I don't care who ya are, unless he doesn't like football or something.

I've always been a sucker for brunettes, and although every guy whines about girls cutting their hair, I do think the short look can look pretty hot. Shorter hair seems to be in vogue lately.

LK said...

Your hair looks great and I will watch the dogs while you tailgate. Get over there and ask him already!
BTW, your yard looks fabulous.

Virginia Belle said...

scotty -- yeah, it looks even better now, because the sod is all established and the azaleas are blooming. no pic is of me. there is no pic of me on this blog. you will just have to wonder! LOL and yes, i will invite him. and i can't believe you out-perverted me!!! d'oh!!! i should have seen that one.

kingbob-- yeah, i actually might pop in over there tomorrow and get them to do that....

when darkness falls -- ugh, if only we could go back in time, huh? i miss my hair!! yeah, i think i will definitely ask CN. wish me luck!!!

MJ-- i didn't have a pic of the real, actual before. this was what my yard looked like when i moved in. you are correct -- the true before pic would include large quantities of flora and fauna.

PH-- that's what i am saying. he's a football fan and a gamecock fan. so really, unless he's already tailgating w/someone else, he'll probably go for it. thanks for the vote for brunette. unfortunately, it is a limited time offer with me! LOL

Phantom Hater said...

I totally missed scotty's comment. lol

Man, I really want to know who the girl in the second pic is. Yummy.

Stuck said...

Yeah, that second chick is hot.

And, as I told you already, I think your hair looks great.

Smug said...

I think that you should post a picture of the real you in the real hair and let us tell you what we think! We would never lie to you and then you would know what you should do about it!!

Please ask CN to the game - it could be the start of something great!

Anonymous said...

It has to be strange to look in the mirror and see some brunette staring back at you. I am sure your new "do" looks great.

You should ask CN to tailgate. That is a great first date especially for a guy. You are around lots of other people, so there is really no pressure. You get to watch some football. Plus, you might even get a kiss after the Gamecocks score. Perfect.

Dallas Diaries said...

Good job you, someones making the move with CN :)

Southern (in)Sanity said...

You SHOULD invite Cute Neighbor to go tailgating with you.

He WON'T find your hair hideous.

I am certain he WOULD loan you his lawn mower. Hell, he might even agree to cut the grass for you.

Meghan (The Declaration of MY Independence) said...

As I told you already, I love the hair! It kind of looks like mine, except shorter! But if you dont feel like yourself, they go ahead and put it back. I say give it awhile though. I know I always hate my new haircuts at first, but then they end up growing on me. Good for you for having the guts to try something new!

kimmykins13 said...

I think you hair looks adorable. You just aren't used to it yet. It will grow though - if you want it back to shoulder length and you can change it back to blonde if you really just can't adjust to it but regardless it is super cute.

And you know, as we have discussed - I definately think you should ask CN to tailgate.

Happy 3 day Weekend!!!!!

Rebecca said...

I think both hairstyles are cute - but it doesn't work if it doesn't make you feel pretty ;-)