Monday, July 31, 2006

Library Freaks, Part 1

Forwarded to me by Boss Lady today:

Man Indicted in Library Toe-Sucking

A grand jury indicted Joseph Colella, 28, for felony gross sexual imposition after he allegedly kissed a woman's foot and sucked her toe at the Boardman branch of the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County, OH .

The woman said she was in a study room at the library July 11 when Colella entered and closed the door, according to the July 25 Youngstown Vindicator. She said Colella told her he needed to kiss people's feet and record their reactions for a sociology project. She refused, but eventually allowed him to because he kept insisting and she didn't think he would leave unless she agreed.

She went home and later called the library; a staffer told her to call the police. Detective Michelle DiMartino told the paper that Colella is also a suspect in a similar event at the library from 2000. If convicted, Colella could be imprisoned for six to 18 months and fined up to $5,000.

You can read another account of this story here.

14 comments:

Kelli said...

Ewww..gross..gross...gross..

He would have loved my reaction. He would have loved his shiny new fake teeth too because I would have kicked a few of his out.

That just gives me chills its so gross.

Mrs. S. said...

Must be an epidemic... A man was arrested in Tulsa a few months ago for hiding under cars and licking women's toes in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

Weirdos.

cmk said...

I still can't understand WHY she agreed...ICK!

Lisa said...

That is CRAZY.

Can I link ya? I'll assume I can but if you don't want me to, let me know and I'll take ya off. :-)

the shrewness said...

i agree with cmk. i dont know what that woman was thinking!

you better be careful VB, you might meet some of these pervs. :)

Reciprocal said...

The part that I notice is that you say part 1. Does that mean there's more?

Virginia Belle said...

anne-- yeah, i'm with ya. ewwwww! i'd kick his teeth in, too.

red-- we're being invaded!!!

cmk-- me neither. there is no way someone could ever talk me into that. i'd just think i was on candid camera or something. there's no way.

lisa-- sure! link away!

shrewness-- oh honey, you have no idea how many weirdos i've already met!

reciprocal-- part 2, part 6.....there's lots of stories i could tell! libraries are meccas for crazy/weird people.

Gypsy said...

Um, ew!

Christina_the_wench said...

Youngstown has some real winners. That city is strange so this doesn't surprise me.

Virginia Belle said...

christina-- that is crazy that the town has a reputation. ugh. i don't even want to think about it. friggin foot lickers running rampant everywhere.

(M)ary said...

OHHHH I so know what you are talking about. I have worked in book stores and libraries for many, many years.

One time at a bookstore where I worked some guy was jerking off in the history section. We clerks gathered around and tried to decide: stop him now or let him finish?
That is my favorite incident, but there are so many more I have seen or heard about in the book business.

Virginia Belle said...

M-- OMG that is crazy. why the history section??? you will have to post some crazy stories for me. we will swap tales!

Perstephone said...

Um, weird. I don't think I could ever let someone do that to me - especially at a library. Gross.

People are so crazy.

Kritika said...

We also provide corporate database and business contacts. If you are interested, then please contact us for detailed information.