Thursday, July 20, 2006

Better Letters

Ick. I hate it when I'm all whiny and woe-is-me. All apologies for that lame post yesterday. I can assure you I am in a much better mood today. Thanks to everyone for their sweet comments and support. Y'all are the best.

I got home yesterday and was looking at my mail. Czarina had sent me a package. She sees stuff--just little things-- I would like when she shops, and will randomly send them to me. So I get little presents in the mail every so often. Last time, it was a pillow that said, "Every time I meet Mr. Right, my mother scares him away!" -- how true. This time, the package contained pretty dish towels. She knows I don't buy a lot of home decor stuff.

Of course, being in the mood I was in yesterday, seeing this package made me cry.

I love my mom.

I called her to thank her for the towels and began my whining, woe-is-me tirade. And since she and I have brains that are about 75% alike, she gave me the same advice she gives herself when she's bummed out:

You will feel better if you stop whining, get off your butt and take control. So get up and do something that will help you solve your problems. Feeling like you have no control over your life is very stressful. Grab the wheel and start driving.

So I did. And I felt better. I hate that she's always right. I can't wait until I get to be a mom and then everything I say will be right, too.

All I had to do was take a short walk and then look at some of the books I got from the library about picking a career that is good for you. WHAM! Instantly better. That's why I give the same advice to everyone else when they are bummed out.

Yesterday I also received a letter from Lady Starfish. I know she is squealing with delight at reading this. It is a prank letter she sent me, and I forgot to bring it with me. I will post it tomorrow. Then you can all laugh at me. Because it made me laugh.

Other random updates:

Let's see...I had an interview today for a part-time job I applied for a couple weeks ago. It's at a place where I used to work, so the interview was kind of weird because I used to work directly under one of the ladies interviewing me. But it went well. It isn't a big deal to me if I get it or not. Just extra moolah for credit card debt. Or a CD.

For all my fellow Big Brother fans-- did you know you can watch whole episodes on their website? Ack! I'll never miss another episode. Suh-weet.

Oh--boy update. It turns out there are three cute neighbors in my apartment complex. I must have been blinded by being in a relationship. But now I have Hot Neighbor, Blue Eyes and Black Truck Guy. So walks with Sammy are a lot more interesting....

Ok, I'm off to catch up on y'alls blogs....don't miss my first post of the day, my Thursday 13 for this week.

8 comments:

Random Musings said...

Ok so now I understand you a little better with all the dead animals in your house..lol
Serious I am glad you are in a better mood. I too hate how mom is always right, and its funny how you know what you should do, but hearing mom say it sort of hits it home a little huh?

Original Me said...

2 birds with one stone!
walking sammy = exercise + scoping out the hot men in your neighborhood....work it VB!

charming, but single said...

Cold turkey is good ... Monday starts my Cold turkey diet ... back at the gym each morning, no more smoking, drinking only when necessary ...

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

that is good BB info! i didn't knwo that! glad youre feeling better!

Kelli said...

Okay..Im bringing Rickey and we are going walking around your apartment. :)

Glad you are feeling better..arent those random gifts like that great!

Gypsy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today. Moms rock. :-) My mom is a random gift-giver, too, and it always brightens my day.

acaligurl said...

LOVE YOUR KARMA CURSE!!!!!!
Here's to the sisterhood.

NML/Natalie said...

Sometimes mummy advice works! :-) Is the truck black or the guy black?