Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday 13


13 Songs I Like to Work Out To, Part 1

For all my fellow Blog-Wide Workout readers! These songs really get me moving. I'm pretty sure you can find most, if not all of them, on itunes. Having new music really helps me work out. Hope you can find at least one good one on here...

1. Pitbull -- "Culo" (Culo means booty in Spanish, I guess! Seems fitting.)

2. Gwen Stefani -- "What Ya Waitin' For?"

3. Jimpster -- "Don't Push It"

4. Rammstein -- "Du Hast" (This song gets me really pumped up, even though it's really kind of angry!!)

5. Freestylers -- "Push Up" (warning: this might get stuck in your head)

6. Groove Armada -- "I See You Baby" ("...shakin' that ass...shakin' that ass...")

7. Sugababes -- "Hole in the Head" (also an excellent song if you are recently broken up...but I digress...)

8. Benny Benassi -- "Satisfaction" (kind of techno-y)

9. Any song by Rob Zombie. No, really. Anything. His remix album is especially good.

10. Michael Jackson -- "(Don't Stop) Til You Get Enough"

11. Marilyn Manson -- "Rock is Dead"

12. Just about anything from The Prodigy

13. Lunatic Calm -- "Leave You Far Behind" (especially good if you are running)

Some of you might recognize a lot of these songs/artists as coming from the soundtrack to The Matrix. You would be correct. It's a great workout CD.

I have a lot more. Next week I'll do part 2. Until then, hope you've found something nice to add to your playlists.

What do you listen to when you work out? I'm always looking for new songs. Share with me!

11 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

ok, i have no idea why the font is funny on this one...maybe it's because i'm writing this post from home...stupid home computer. (it's. painfully. slow.)

*sigh*

Mrs. S. said...

I listen to Baby Got Back so that I don't get too over zealous...

Kidding.

The Frog Princess said...

I'm not proud of it, but I'll willingly admit that I'm addicted to stuff from the 80's. I like to exercise to Def Leppard's 'Pour Some Sugar on Me', Aerosmith's 'Love in an Elevator', Tommy Tutone's '867-5309' and lots of other assorted stuff that most people would be embarassed to own, let alone listen to.

*Hanging head in utter mortification* Yes, Vanilla Ice's 'Ice Ice Baby' is also on my exercising play list. What can I say? I grew up with that stuff!

Jonathan said...

Mortal Combat Soundtrack. pure techno

Modigliani said...

I just posted my current playlist! You inspired me. :)

I used to LOVE working out to "What ya' waiting for?" But I'm on Gwen hiatus right now. Got a little burned out from overplaying.

I'll have to check out some of your suggestions.

PS> thanks for all those comments today! You surprised me when I opened my email to see comments this evening. :) Thanks for catching up on my posts.

Lisa said...

Ohhh!
Groove Armada and Benny Benassi (duuude, have you ever seen the video for Satisfaction? If not, I suggest you check it out!) used to be on my workout list!!! Well... when I used to work out.
Techno and Heavy Metal always got me goin. Oh.... and Britney Spears "Toxic"... but don't tell anyone about that one

Stuck said...

The Matrix soundtrack is a good springboard for sneaking over into that "angry music" that me and CSI-Guy listen to. So yeah... here's my playlist for the treadmill and the now-assembled weight bench in the garage. (It took me how long to set that thing up? Two years?)

1) Bloodlust, by Unter Null (It starts out slow and then starts introducing some hard breakbeats. It's a great song for a warm-up lap.)

2) Martyr, by Unter Null

3) Get Your Body Beat, by Combichrist (A clever play on words for the masochist hidden in everyone who works out too hard.)

4) Chrome, by VNV Nation

5) ZombieNation, by Grendel

I'll also throw in some Wumpscut, Hocico, or Fiendflug... but those vary. The above songs are almost always on my disc.

For a cool down, I'll usually go with Clubbed to Death, by Rob D (Off the Matrix soudntrack) or with Bad Stone, by Crystal Method.

Anonymous said...

When I'm running, I like to listen to BTO "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" Baby you just ain't seen nothing yet. Or anything by Fergie or Black Eyed Peas (sort of a guilty music pleasure) but really gets me motivated.

The Dummy said...

Cool list! I have #2 up, and I actually like to listen to the Nip/Tuck song. And I have some Daft Punk (One More Time, and Harder Better Faster). Good stuff I tell ya!

The Dummy said...

btw, is it just me or is your sidebar all the way at the bottom?

Jess said...

I have Michael Jackson on my gym playlist, too! My gym playlist is insanely long, though -- like, nearly 200 songs long. I have iTunes set to reshuffle it based on when songs were last played. I've got everything from Johnny Cash and Elvis to Eagles of Death Metal and The Walkmen to Dr. Dre and The Sugar Hill Gang.