Yowza, I've been gone a long time. All my travels are over, thank goodness. I hope I never see another airport again as long as I live. I have had some writers' block these past few days. Work is really busy right now, too, which isn't helping.
Unfortunately, I don't have too much exciting news to tell ya. My holidays were mostly uneventful. Some highlights...
1. My luggage was lost twice. Fun times.
2. I didn't see as many people in Indy as I had hoped to. I guess you can't go back. That makes me kind of sad. I was hoping to see a lot more people. I think I just picked a bad time, too--people are pretty busy around the holidays. Do you have a hard time re-connecting with old friends, too?
3. I did get to see a group of my friends from high school/college, which just made my day. It was like we hadn't skipped a beat since we saw each other last. We caught up, got all the high school and college gossip, looked at wedding pictures, had lunch and did some Christmas shopping together.
4. Most of the time I was there, I stayed with my friend J and her fiancee. I've known her since 9th grade. She has changed a lot since high school. In some ways, the changes are good. She's beautiful and thin, with a fiancee who worships her. She has a group of really close friends, an adorable house and a challenging job. She does modeling on the side. So in those ways, I have to admit, I'm probably a little envious. In other ways, her changes are...not so good. I don't want to get into specifics. Let me just say that she and I will probably never be really close again. Which is fine. We have different values now, that's all. We can remain on good terms and still email and call occassionally. But she and I have grown up into two very different people. (I've talked about J on here before. You might remember her friends, The Assholes. Yeah. I'll let you take from that whatever you want.)
5. I stayed with my ex-boyfriend for a few days. Which was...interesting. I guess I read too much into his drunk dialing, because I was thinking we might take a trip down memory lane (wink, wink). But when he picked me up from the airport, one of the first things he told me was that he had a new girlfriend. Apparently this was a recent development. Oh. So much for that idea. He and I still had a good time and went out with his friends a couple of nights. I hadn't seen his friend Brian in forever, and I had forgotten what a sweetheart he is. He and I really hit it off. He might have to come out here next month for work, and if so, we are meeting up for dinner. He's dating someone casually, but I could have sworn he was flirting with me...hmmm....
6. Speaking of guys...my friend Healthy Girl had a housewarming party a few weeks ago. I thought Blonde and I were the only single people there, but apparently not. Healthy Girl's friend, Fun Bobby, asked about me. So with my permission, she gave him my number. I remember the conversation we had, but I have no idea what this guy looks like. I can't remember. Guess I'll find out.
7. Speaking of parties...I'm having a housewarming party in a couple of weeks. (I'd invite my readers, but y'all are spread out all over the country. You'll have to settle for pics.) I am having a hard time figuring out how to have a party which encompasses all of my friends, who range in age from 20 to about 65. I don't want my younger friends to feel they can't party hardy in front of the "mom" crowd, but I don't want my older friends to be annoyed with the "young whipper snappers". Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of any solutions to make everyone feel comfortable? I'm hoping the older people will come early and the younger ones will come later. Maybe I should just let the guests worry about it.
8. I'm still waiting on my digital camera to arrive. It's on backorder. But soon this blog will be full of fantastic pictures for y'all. I know you are excited for more of my fantastic photography skillz. Don't worry, I won't quit my day job.
9. This is the last and final thing I am buying for my house until I have some money saved up. But I really need some kind of a computer desk, and this one closes up to hide my inescapable clutter. It looks nicer than having my computer out in the open, I think. Since it was on sale, I went ahead and bought the last one in town. I have to put it together this weekend. Pray for me. And extra special thanks to Stuckey for helping me get it to my house!!
10. It's official: I have a major crush on my neighbor. *sigh* He knocked on our door the other day. With my luck, of course, I wasn't home. But we've been having problems on our street with our garbage pick-up lately, and so he talked to K about it. He wanted to know if our garbage had been picked up. It hadn't. He said he was going to call and see what was going on.
The thing is, our garbage bin was down by the curb, overflowing with bags of garbage. It was pretty obvious the trash guys hadn't picked up our stuff this week. So was he really coming over to ask about our garbage? Hmmm. Methinks not. K insists he was actually looking for me, as she is far too young to date him and she thinks he's awfully friendly towards me.
One can hope, right?
I'm going to ask him if I can borrow his hose tomorrow.
Not that hose, you perv. I need to wash my car.
Have good weekends, everyone!!! I'm off to catch up with all of you now...
p.s. Has anyone tried the new Blogger? Do you like it? Should I switch?