Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blogging Rut

Can you tell I'm in a blogging rut? It's just one of those times in your life where there isn't much going on, and I don't want to bore my readers with mundane things, so I just don't blog. Life hits lulls in action like this sometimes. Maybe it is the quiet before the storm?

Random updates..........(this will be super-random, I apologize, but it's been a long day at the library!)

First let me say that if you are a vet, thank you for serving our country. I cannot imagine the sacrifice our veterans have made over the decades and am grateful to all veterans for keeping us safe and free. If I could, I would be proud to shake your hand. :)

Yes, I am still obsessed with genealogy. I will spare you the details. But I haven't really been up to much else. That is so sad to type that, and then read it. And realize it's a statement about yourself...*sigh* I am 29, yet I live the life of an 83 year old. What can I say? I have never been cool. Why start now? There's no use in denying my lack of general hipness.

As I predicted in my last post, Lady Starfish did not call. I am not really surprised by that, and not really sure what to do. After a certain point, it takes two people to make a friendship work. I feel like I have always been the one to do the work. Then again, as we can see from the last paragraph, it's not like she's missing much.

Speaking of friendships...

Did I tell you that my roommate, E, moved out? She moved out at the end of October. Which is fine by me. Things had been...uncomfortable between us for some time. The random guy in her bed (uh, there's a post on it...somewhere...) was pretty much the nail in the coffin for our peaceful cohabitation. Although I will miss having the extra money, it is such a relief to know that I don't have to share my house with anyone else anymore. To be honest, she was driving me batty, and I don't know if I can even still be friends with her. What is that saying....familiarity breeds contempt? Yes, I think that sums it up pretty well. I might blog more about this at a later point. I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with me, as I am starting to not like most people the older I get....hmmm. This might deserve a post of its own...perhaps my personality is aging faster than my body? I am starting to feel like a cranky old fart trapped in an overweight young person's body......oh dear......

I didn't do much for Halloween. JP (my other partner in crime) and I went to MJ's house to give out candy to trick-or-treaters and watch a scary movie. The trick-or-treaters never showed up, so JP and I got to take home all the left over candy. Which is great if you have a sweet tooth, but BAD if you have a sweet tooth AND you're trying to lose weight. (And to answer your question, no, I have not lost any weight. And I don't want to talk about it.) We watched a movie called The Strangers, and it was pretty good. It definitely had some freaky moments.

After that, I got a pretty bad cold, so I felt like crap all last week-- up until yesterday, really. I was Kleenex Queen. All I wanted to do was take swigs from a bottle of Nyquil, nap on my couch and eat soup.

Let's see. What else has been going on.

Sammy has an ear infection.

MJ is dating a hot French guy.

I am getting back into working out again (still waiting for diet motivation to make an appearance, however...).

Last night, I dreamt that I was on a road trip with Barack Obama. I was riding shotgun in a beat-up pick up truck, and I said something funny, and we had a good laugh. That's all I remember.

Oh, and CN used the phrase, "...or I could get you a ring." the other day.

:0

Yup. You read that correctly. More later. I will keep you hanging for now!

10 comments:

Fluffycat said...

Ha, I know the feeling of getting older and not liking people as much. I don't think you are necessarily boring or living in your 80s but you are settling down with CN it sounds like. Your faithful readers demand the whole story.

Jonathan said...

yes, the older I get the less I like people, but I think it really is the less I like bullshit and there is so much of that around.

teahouse said...

HELLO! I will be waiting with baited breath for the rest of your story!!

Megan said...

Finish the story....please!

Smug said...

I don't think that I have ever liked people too much.... I tend to get tired of someone else's crap the more I am around them, except for my husband, which is a really good thing since I did say I would stay with him until death!!

Unknown said...

WHAT!!! A RING!!! WHAT!! NEED TO HEAR MORE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

sassafras said...

Oh god. Does this mean we have to wait a month for the update? YOU SAID RING YOU HAVE TO POST MORE!

teahouse said...

Actually I think I should have said I was waiting with "bated breath." I'm being a grammar/usage nerd now.

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

a ring? keeping me hanging? are you insane woman?!

Phantom Hater said...

Friends as roommates are rarely a good idea. I say, get someone you don't like all that much at first so you can kick them out when things get worse and not have to lose a friendship.

Just like living with someone you date, just saving money isn't a good reason to live with anyone.

Maybe CN was talking about a cock ring. You never know.