When I can't change the subject, memes come in handy!
I got this one from Vixen and she's cool, so she lets me steal!
1. If you had to set your own work schedule; 8 hours per day; 5 days per week. Which days and hours would you choose? I am definitely a morning person. I would keep teacher hours: 7 am - 2 or 3pm
2. What Reality Show would you be on and why? Duh! Big Brother, which I didn't get to watch last night! (Can anyone update me?) I would pick this one because I don't think that the love life ones really work-- they are too artificial. I don't have a juicy enough personal life to warrant any kind of watch-me-live-my-crazy-life-type reality show. And I don't eat disgusting things. And I don't want my weight on national television. But I'm good with people and I think I would do a decent job at strategizing. Hence, BB. I have considered actually applying, but I don't have a job where that would be cool. Plus, I don't know if I could bring Sammy. Big negative.
3. What is the last book you read? Well, I have been meaning to finish up Po Bronson's What Should I Do With My Life? but I am behind. It's really good. I am really embarrassed to say that as a librarian, I don't read very many books per year. I used to read on my lunch break, but now I go home to walk Sammy. He's not too spoiled, is he?
4. There are many songs that bring us back to a certain memory. What song(s) do you HATE to hear for that very reason? Ugh, anything by D'Angelo. I used to date a guy who was really into him, and he cheated on me, so I can't stand D'Angelo now. I even gave away all my albums. I don't want any of that Brown Sugar.
5. If you could go back in time to be any place in world history, what time would you choose and what country/place? I was an ancient history major, so anything in Ancient Rome or Greece or Egypt would be right up my alley. I also like the American Civil War period. So that also would be cool. I don't know how much I would like living without hand sanitizer, though. And they didn't have toilet paper in ancient times, either...ugh, it was so germy back then!
6. Do you know more than one language? Um, languages come very easily for me. Unfortunately, this skill didn't help me in algebra class, where I crashed and burned. I wouldn't say I'm fluent in anything other than English, but I can hold my own in German. I can read French (don't ask me to pronounce it, because I butcher it). I can have small talk in Spanish. You might say I am fluent in Latin, although I am very rusty. Ancient history major, you know. Took it for years.
7. What is your favorite blog? Please link it. One only. Shoot. This is hard. I don't really have one favorite. Ha ha, I'm copping out on this one. I have about 10 that I absolutely adore. They know I love them. How about a substitute question? Here goes: If you could take a trip anywhere, right now, where would you go? Well, not Lebanon. How about Ireland? I'm mostly Irish. I'd love to visit the town where my family is from.
8. What is your favorite web site? Duh, my email inbox! Just kidding. My blog. Again, kidding. Um, well, if I want info, I love Wikipedia. IMDB comes in handy, too. So do Snopes and Bloglines. Gosh, this wasn't a very original answer. Anything funny or info-packed is good in my book. Oh, and cooking sites. Recipes are so easy to find. I love that.
9. Your house is on fire, the people and pets you love are safe and you can grab one other "thing", what are you taking? Besides my wallet and checkbook? OMG, I don't know. Either my favorite ring or my violin. The ring has been passed down to the oldest daughter upon her college graduation for four generations. And it's gorgeous to boot. Otherwise, I'd grab my violin. Which I don't even play anymore. But it belonged to my great-grandfather, so it's really old and sentimental. I'd probably grab that. Or photos. So I guess that is more than one thing....
10. You have $100 to spend in the next hour. How are you spending it? (Saving it or giving it away not permitted.) Oh, mama. Wow. I would probably get a digital camera. Or some new clothes--I need pants/skirts. Who am I kidding. I'd spend it all on makeup and candy. Gah, what is wrong with me???
Ok, another meme coming up later....today is a double post day since I'm leaving early.