Friday, January 20, 2006

Weekend Previews...

* This afternoon, when I get off of work, I'm going to a psychic with my work buddy, K. I have never been to one before, and I am so excited! I'm going to intentionally tell her nothing about me just to see what she knows. She will read my tarot cards for just $35! This is a bargain, I think. (Actually, I'm probably a total sucker, but it should be interesting, at least!)

* Tonight is Girl's Night with The Nurses and whomever else we can get to go with us. We went out to dinner earlier this week, but we want to go out since we haven't had much of Blonde Nurse's time lately. She has a new man, so she has been busy. I think I will wear my black pencil skirt with fishnets and my new black stilettos.....(I think my mojo came back while I was asleep last night!)

*Tomorrow morning I will check out my new gym, which is supposed to be awesome. I'm just hoping it's not super crowded because that will get on my nerves. I went yesterday just as a quick reconnaisance mission, but tomorrow I will have a full-on workout, complete with BodyPump class. And of course, I will watch my favorite thing in the whole wide world: men doing pull-ups. It. is. so. hot.

* I have a date with The Lawyer on Saturday night. He called me last night to ask me out. Then he said, "Great! What do you want to do?" --Heads up/piece of advice for single men reading this: never say this. Before you call, always have a plan in mind. Always be the man with the plan. When you don't have something in mind, you are giving the girl the impression that you haven't put much thought into the date (We aren't important? That's not good), you aren't very assertive (You don't trust yourself enough to offer an idea--also not good), you aren't someone with fun ideas (really not good) and you expect the girl to do the work (um...you asked us out. We just have to look really good and show up. Wait until date 3 before asking us this question. Until then, your goal should be to try and impress the hell out of us--maybe even impress the pants off of us?-- by showing us how much fun we have been missing because we haven't been dating you.) Always be the man with the plan! My prediction for The Lawyer? Two dates, tops. Then I will get tired of his wimpyness. He is giving every indication that he is a Wimpy Nice Guy. These guys are usually TFZ'd (put into The Friend Zone) pretty quickly.

*XY told me about this dating discussion panel that he will be on. It's some talk given by an organization here in town and it is dating-related. It's sort of a spin on "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus." He's going to meet up with the person in charge of it on Sunday to see what all is involved in being on the panel and to ask if I can be on the Female Panel. I hope so! I'd love to do that! I like to think I'm a good representative for single women....at the very least, I'll be going to it and will drag all my girlfriends along. Then I will be that annoying audience member with all the questions after the discussion is over. I'll keep you all posted, of course! (Why don't things like this go on all the time? It would be handy, sort of like a support group for singles!)

Must run! Time for the weekend to begin!

2 comments:

The Dummy said...

So true with the Man With A Plan comment. I was just telling my Wingman about that the other day! I should refer him to your post!

NML/Natalie said...

I think your idea re the support group is a good one. I was thinking of organising one and maybe I will now!