Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Drama Queen

The psychic was this sweet, tiny, foreign lady. I can't place her accent, but I liked her immediatly. The only wierd thing was, there were hundreds of stuffed animals and Valentine's Day gift baskets all over the house. It looked like she had bought an entire aisle of Valentine's Day stuff from Wal-Mart. There were whole rooms in her house filled with these baskets! I found out later that she sells them on the side, but it was still distracting. And I'm wondering if it is some kind of omen for my love life? She took me into a room, sat down across from me and held my hand.

Most of what she said was complete bunk (K went with me and she said the psychic said many of the same things to her), but she did say a few things to me about my life and future. She told me that even though The Big Ex and I still keep in touch and still care about each other, we are not meant to be together because there are too many obstacles. She also said I have doubts about being with him. She told me that us getting together would not be what I'm supposed to do. I have to say, I agree. It was kind of cool to hear someone agree with me, though...

The next thing she said to me was that she knew I didn't like my job. True! She said for me not to worry because in about six months, I will have a lot of changes in my life. I will get a new job that I love, move closer to home and then I will meet "my soulmate" in less than two years. I have not met "my soulmate" yet. (This was a relief, because if I was supposed to end up with someone I already know, it would be a depressing thought!) While I don't believe in soulmates, it was nice for someone to tell me I'm not going to end up an old maid!

I don't know if she is a real psychic or not, but at least I have a reason to look forward to the summer now! The Czarina was happy to hear that I would be moving back to Virginia. We'll have to see what happens...

I had so much fun on Girl's Night! I had on a cute new top and wore my fishnets with stilettos. I had a good hair day to boot! I was ready to party hardy when I left my house. I went out with The Nurses: Blonde, Brunette and P. Blonde's roommate, A, also came along and brought another friend with her. We started at Liberty's, my favorite bar in town. I tell you what, I think just about everyone in town was out last night! It was super crowded! I saw the crew from the football games, Dr. Seuss and a lawyer Blonde nurse knows. To be polite, I said hi to Dr. Seuss and he said he had seen me at the gym but I left before he got a chance to talk to me. He wanted to know if he could still call me, and I told him no. I reminded him about how weird he was on the phone and how he had all these assumptions and expectations after only two dates. I also reminded him that he hung up on me, which is a definite dealbreaker. He seemed disappointed, but I just can't date someone who is such a drama queen!

Then we went to The Wild Hare, and who did I pass on my way to the bathroom? FedSucksy. And I was definitely FedUp! I "accidentally" bumped into him. Oops. Then I met back up with The Girls to tell them who I just saw. Brunette handed me a large drink and said, "Here you go!" with a big grin on her face. I took it back over to where he was standing and said, "Aren't you going to introduce me?" And he told me who he was with. I told the girl he was talking to what he did to me and she said she'd be pretty pissed if someone did that to her. She said that was a jerk move and that he probably should apologize. He said that if I had come over her for an apology, I was wasting my time. I told him I didn't come over for an apology, I came over there to call him an asshole. Then I dumped the whole drink on him!

I figured that since he already thought I was a drama queen, I might as well live up to his expectations! And you know what? Being a drama queen feels good sometimes! I've never done that before, and I probably won't ever do it again, but I just think people who do what he did deserve public humiliation.

Soon we left and went to Saddle Ridge, where we saw a girl in a dress that was more of a band-aid than anything else. It was past short--it was a feat of engineering! I don't see how she could have done it without double-sided tape! Every guy in there was watching her, waiting for her butt to pop out. A guy that works there told us that she is a regular and wears stuff like that all the time. I also ran into MIA, and we had a chat. But aside from that, Saddle Ridge was lame, so we left. Blonde, her roommate A and the other girl decided to call it a night, so they went home. This left Brunette, P and me. We went to Local's.

The crew from New Year's Eve always hangs out there, and since they are really fun, we were hoping to run into them. Brunette and I have decided to dub them "The Wild Young'ns" since most of them are a couple years younger than Brunette and I. They are all fun and always keep us out too late, usually get most of us drunk and make us feel like we are in college again! The Wild Young'ns consists of J-Rich (aka Little Brother), JD, Mack Daddy, Big Poppa, Repo and two girls--R&L. And the really hot guy I kissed on New Year's knows them, too. Anyway, last night, only Big Poppa, hot New Year's guy and Repo were there. Big Poppa had sunglasses on and glitter all over him. I guess some girl dumped a big bag of glitter on him. He was beyond wasted, so he was cracking us all up with his singing-and-dancing-glitter-covered self--(they play really good music there). I was sitting down at the bar because my feet were killing me, and Big Poppa proceeds to tell me that Repo has a thing for me. I didn't really know what to say, because I was thinking Nurse P liked him. In a little while, we went to Knock-Knock Club, which is a dance club best described as a stinky fire hazard. There are always about 4.2 million sweaty drunk people crammed into a room that is about the size of a large living room. We all danced there for a while, but had to keep stopping because it was too hot! I did tell Nurse P that I was still getting the idea that Repo was into me, but I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole if she was interested in him even remotely. She assured me that she isn't and that she even has a crush on one of her coworkers! She told me to go for it. It was getting late, and we were getting tired, so we began to get ready to leave. Repo asked for my number and I gave it to him, so we will see if he will call....

I hit the pillow at about 4:15 am. I think I have permanently damaged my feet from being in stilettos for six hours!


10 comments:

The Dummy said...

The funny part is, we'll ALWAYS assume that the guy f*cked up when a girl spills her drink all over him! Very bold... that's karma for you! :)

XY said...

XX here. First off, let me start by saying that I usually don’t post comments, but I had to post on this one. So let me start:

1) I just don’t understand how you could be that upset over a guy that you knew for only a few weeks.
2) I told you the other night not to throw a drink on him or even acknowledge that he is there in the same room with you if you see him out in public. By saying anything rude to him or throwing a drink in his face just validates what he already thought about you. That you are in fact a drama queen and immature.
3) YOU ARE 26!!!!! You have a Masters Degree!!! That to me was very immature. Throwing a drink in someone’s face *possibly* would have been valid only if you had slept with him and he gave you an STD, or he never told you he was married… or maybe if you had known him for 3-4 months and he cheated on you. But you don’t throw a drink in his face for what he did after only a few weeks. You just let it go!!!! Be the better person.
4) I also can’t understand why you would have gone up to the girl he was with. My first thought after you walked away (if you would have walked up to me and I was with him) would have been: “Okay, she is psycho. Get over it!!”
I know that you said you thought you and he had a connection, but again he might have had a lot of things going on in his life and that he felt he didn’t need to explain anything to you after only a few weeks. What you should be saying is “NEXT PLEASE”!!! Bring on the new eye candy! I can honestly say that I have never, nor has any of my girlfriends (even in college when I was like 20), ever thrown a drink in a guy’s face. In my book, that’s grounds for a beat down.

XX

XY said...

XY Speaking.

And you said you were going to stop telling people YOU were MY friend. Holy cow! I should be distancing my self from you. Bottom line, it was a classless move (bordering on trashy). This guy didn’t deserve that kind of treatment or humiliation.

You started talking to (in my book, dating starts after no less than five meetings) this gentleman during what was probably one of the busiest time of his life. Let’s recap what was going on within his life. For starters, he was in the midst of a job change (from FedEx to law enforcement). Now, for all your readers… I’d like to inform them that his new law enforcement position required him to go to a sort of boot camp, where he was to be cut off from the outside world for a few weeks and only be released into the world on the weekends. On top of that, his daughter was in town (or coming to town when you met him). And the one time he stood you up was on a Friday night, when he at least tried to meet with you on his way to see his father (and you’re not sure why he was on his way to see his father… the man could have been deathly ill and wanted his son be by his bedside). Something else he probably had in the back of his mind was the fact that you were dating other people. You never told him you wanted to be exclusive. When a woman says that to a man, “I’m dating other people,” we hear “I’m keeping my options open and so should you.” All those facts combined create enough reasonable doubt to get him declared as the victim in this case.

You went on three, maybe four (I just don’t remember) dates with this guy and felt you had built up this big relationship. Trust me… two months isn’t even a solid relationship base… three dates hardly even register on the radar. He didn’t call you like you wanted, when you wanted… so you throw a drink on him. Am I the only one missing the logic here? No. In the past day, I’ve asked as many women as I can to define exactly what would constitute a drink throwing episode. Thankfully, most of them couldn’t even imagine throwing a drink on a guy. For the few who could, they agreed that only after six or more months of *serious* dating and he cheated… would they consider throwing such a temper tantrum.

Something else I don’t think you considered is who could have been taking notes of your actions. Before I do anything…ANYTHING, I always think to myself, “you never know who’s watching.” What if a potential employer for your dream job was in the bar, and saw this go down. You walk into the interview and they remember your actions. Would you hire “the drink tossing, drama queen, psycho girl?” Probably not.

You’ve said yourself you see the same people at the same bars all the time. And you also know we live in a relatively small town and people talk. For every male (and most females) who witnessed you assault poor FedEx guy and his date, you just labeled yourself as not only someone to stay away from, but someone all their buddies should steer clear of (and those buddies will tell buddies, who will tell buddies… you see where I’m going with this). And if you think people won’t remember… think again. I can distinctly remember seeing girls do silly things in bars from as far back as five years ago. Not only do I remember exactly what they looked like, in some cases I remember exactly what they were wearing. Don’t think for a second that no one will remember.

Sure, I may say a lot of mean comments purely to incite reactions from people, but I’ve never done anything so malicious and damaging to another person (or to my own Karma for that matter). So do me a favor… stay as far away from me as possible. I don’t want to be anywhere near you when that bad karma comes a’ calling.

For your sake, I sure hope the whole drink pouring incident was purely fiction… designed to boost blog traffic and readership. And if it wasn’t, I implore you to call him AND HIS DATE to apologize for such immature behavior.

--The XY!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish she had just thrown a drink on me! now I've got 7-10 days of penicillin..
and
if you want me to listen and be around you 24 x 7 w/ no real relationship and play house, be prepared to have your mouth and hands real real busy... mind the step children and roll to the left bitch

Virginia Belle said...

anonymous, um, what on earth are you talking about? i know i'm blonde, but you lost me...stepchildren? penicilin?

Virginia Belle said...

Team Richardson--while you guys are certainly entitled to your opinions and i'm not going to delete your comments because i want to keep this blog open to varying opinions, i just wanted to say that what you said really really hurt my feelings. if your goal was to make me cry, then mission accomplished.

it's one thing to disagree with me--that's fine. but to hurl personal insults at me on my own blog really hurts. i just wonder whose side you're on! why are you sticking up for a guy who was a complete asshole to me? i'm not saying i expected you to be on my side 100%, because it is not the most mature thing i've ever done, but i thought you guys were my friends. hey, we all know it's not the most mature behavior. and it's not my proudest moment in life. but you know what? i'm human, i'm not always going to make the best decisions and i would hope that my friends would be a little more understanding of this fact. i'm not perfect, and neither are you. but i still want to be your friend regardless of that.

i just don't get why you had to get personal. i didn't do anything to you guys and it had nothing to do with you, but you acted like i did something directly to you and like i was harrassing one of your friends. it's perfectly acceptable to disagree with me and even give me a hard time (especially in a joking manner, which would get the message through to me a lot better!), but you set out to intentionally hurt me, and i don't think you were being very good friends. i don't agree with everything you guys do or say, but i've never gotten personal. i would never do something so mean. I like you guys just how you are, unless you are going to continue to be so ugly to me!

and to imply that i am a liar and would make up shit just to get blog traffic? are you kidding me? do you honestly think that is something i would do?? that especially i do not appreciate, because it isn't true. you are making assumptions about my character, and you are just wrong! i'm not a liar and it would never even cross my mind to do something so silly. hurl drinks? yes. but lie about it? no way.

i don't know why you guys have such a holier-than-thou attitude about this. i'm not the first person to do this. i'm sure you guys have known other people who have done this type of thing, and i'm sure you guys do not have a 100% maturity record yourselves. you act like i cut his balls off or something! it was just a glass of water! i didn't scream, i didn't get any water on anyone else, i didn't throw anything. one isolated action does not a drama queen make. i just lost my temper. haven't you ever done that?

and i don't care how long you have been dating someone or how well you know them--what he did was very very rude and arrogant, not to mention unwarranted. what he did really really hurt. i know it seems crazy to you, but i really had not liked anyone this much in a very long time.when i fall, i fall hard--it is how i work and i've always been like that. he gave me the impression that the feeling was mutual, so i let my guard down, and then he jerked the rug out from under me. i have never been so insulted in my life by what he did to me! and i figured i had nothing to lose since he already thought i was a drama queen--i figured i'm damned if i do and damned if i don't! i agree that there may have been circumstances where he felt he didn't owe me an explanation, but he DID owe me an apology. any decent person would have done so. and don't defend him about this! you didn't see the look on his face or hear the tone of his voice--he was very smug and full of himself about it and seemed to derive pleasure from being an asshole--he was smiling when he said it. it was enough to make anyone lose their temper, i can assure you.

he did nothing but toy with me. and any guy who was nice and/or seriously into me (as opposed to playing some kind of sick mind games like he did) would have at least apologized or called sooner. they wouldn't have risked ruining something with someone they were really into with a stunt like this. it was some kind of sick game and i did NOT appreciate it. and for the record, the girl (his cousin's girlfriend) was on my side--she agreed with me and called him a jerk right to his face! all of my other friends are on my side too, because they can understand what it's like to be hurt! only one of my friends has said they wouldn't have done it, but even she said that she understood why i did and it did not affect her friendship with me!

and i seriously doubt that anyone in that bar was someone whose opinions i highly value. i value the opinions of my friends, not strangers. and i would hope that they have more to worry about in their own lives than remembering my temper tantrum! i'm sure they have lives!

i value your opinions, and i respectfully disagree with them, but i'm not going to insult you maliciously. i don't try and hurt my friends, regardless of what they do or say. i accept them despite their flaws and i hope you guys are the same way. if not, i will sorely miss your company.

to all my other readers, i apologize for the drama! it was not my intention for all of this stuff to happen here in the open,and i can assure you that i am NOT enjoying this, but i feel i need to defend myself. back to regularly scheduled, drama-free programming!

NML/Natalie said...

Gosh that was brave dumping the drink on him!

Don't get yourself stressed over those comments. I always say be suspicious of anyone that leaves comments that are so long they need to go into two separate comments boxes.

If you care about what someone thinks then you don't dump the drink on them, but if you don't care, it doesn't matter. It's down to your personal choice and don't let anyone rain on your parade.

Stuck said...

Personally, I think it's hilarious that you doused him. Immature, yes, but hilarious. We can't be mature all the time and even if we could, it'd make for one boring life.

I've never made a woman so mad at me that she threw her drink on me. Maybe I should add that on my list of things to do before I die. But I guess I have the pepper-spray girl, which is ten times funnier than getting water thrown on me.

Virginia Belle said...

charleston guy-- thank you for your honest answer. i appreciate it. welcome to my blog, straggler!

of course i know it was trifling. duh! but we can't always make the most brilliant decisions, now can we? i've always gone the apathy route before, but dang it, i was just fed up with this guy. he already knew i was hurt because i told him so and he already thought i was a "drama queen" (although, up until that point, i have no idea why.)--i had nothing to lose and i felt like he was getting away scott free. so yes, i decided to have my little revenge moment. but i can't take it back, and no one got hurt/maimed/stabbed/robbed. besides, i don't think anything i ever did/said has ever bothered him. he has issues and played games with me.

i couldnt' care less what he thinks about me or what anyone else who saw it thinks. if they knew the truth, they'd understand my behavior more than his!

i can assure you, i will never do something like that again. i just wanted to see if it felt good. it did! but not enough to do it again. from now on, i will take the high route.

and i don't think your girlfriend would like me very much if i had sex with you. is she not meeting your needs? :)