Monday, January 30, 2006

Flat and Flattery

Oops! I haven't been keeping my readers posted on stuff. Sorry to both of you! :)

This is a very happy post, unlike my last post. Friday night Coworker K and I hung out with The Wild Youngins and we played drinking games. Well, they drank, I just played. Has anyone ever played Three Man? I hadn't played this in years, and we had so much fun. If you get to roll the dice five times, you get to make a rule. Mack Daddy noticed we were all sitting boy-girl-boy-girl at the table and so his rule was that before you drink, you have to grab the boob of the person on your left. It was hysterical! We made jokes about men wanting to feel women's "squishy parts". Mack Daddy brings out the pervert in me. We were all laughing our butts off.

I have some exciting and good news! Coworker K and I have put a deposit down on an apartment (or "flat" as some may call it!). We will be moving in sometime this month! Yay! We went looking around this weekend and stumbled upon this great apartment complex. It is close to everything I need on a regular basis: grocery store, Mexican restaurant and work. We are just across the bridge from downtown, which comes in handy for dining and entertainment purposes. We are also near the Riverwalk, which is wonderful for taking walks. The only things it is not close to are my gym and Target. But you can't have it all, you know? The apartments are pretty new and very nice. We will each have our own bathroom, we are close to the pool, there is a carwash area and even some gas grills for summer barbeques! It will end up costing me about the same as I'm spending now. But by far the best part is that the entire apartment will be Bigfoot-free! Less than thirty days, y'all!!!

Here is the even cooler part: I have always wanted a dog and their fee for pets is really pretty reasonable. So there might be a new addition to the VB clan soon. I will wait until I move, of course.

I also got a new cell phone this weekend. My old one could sell as "antique" on eBay. It kept dropping calls and acting funny. After almost 4 years, it was time. I am now in the 21st century with my color screen, camera and downloadable ringtones! I can't wait to start taking secret pictures of hot guys!

My date on Saturday went very well! Repo is a really nice guy who is very easy to talk to. He is very ambitious and hard-working, both pluses in my book. He totally respects the fact that I don't drink--big points with me. And he smells good! We have the same sense of humor and are both college basketball fans. We bonded over our shared college experiences and our fathers' deaths. Weird date topic, I know. It just kind of came up. But he did say the coolest, most flattering thing to me. He said that in order to take me out on Saturday, he had to come in early every day all week and skip some lunch breaks! WOW! Talk about earning some brownie points! I was so flattered, I was literally speechless. That definitely made up for the fact that he was The Man With No Plan. He obviously just plans differently! If he's willing to do that just for a first date (with absolutely no physical contact, I might add), imagine what else he will be willing to do when the chips are down! He has "Supportive, Thoughtful and Attentive Potential Boyfriend!" written all over him. Hmmmm.....I think he has some smooches in his near future.....

Since I was bummed out about my Dad, I was probably kind of negative on the date, but I will try to be in a better mood on our next date, which will probably be this weekend. He said he is going to try and get us some basketball tix. I told him I have to have my girl time, since I didn't get to see The Nurses this weekend--they all had to work! Gotta check with my girls so we can schedule a Girls' Night. I'll keep ya posted!

9 comments:

The Dummy said...

That's quite the weekend! The best part of course being Big Fart free within the next month. ;)

And it's nice to see some potential with this new guy. He seems to be trying; that's a nice enough start!

The Dummy said...

By the way, what kind of dog are you planning on getting?

teahouse said...

Hey, a guy who smells good is a really big plus. Glad it went well!

Virginia Belle said...

argh....stupid blog spammers...hold on. gotta remove this dumb advertisement...

Virginia Belle said...

DD-- being a geeky librarian, of course i have researched what kind of dog i should have. i basically want a couch potato with fur. according to the purina website and the AKC website (they have quizzes!) i need to get one of the following breeds:

italian greyhound
chihuahua
papillon
pug
french bulldog
poodle

i'm worried they are all annoying breeds. here's what i've heard: IGs are needy/high strung, chihuahuas are yippy, papillons are hard to housetrain and pugs blow snot everywhere. that leaves FBs and poodles. i have secretly always wanted a poodle named fifi. :) with a pink collar. [insert rolling of eyes here] but FBs are so cute!

but it doesn't really matter because i'm going to save a mutt from the pound anyway. i'm just picky about breeds--i don't want any mutt who is part beagle, hound, jack russell, cocker spaniel or collie. those dogs all get on my nerves. i need a small lazy dog with short hair or no shedding. who is also obedient and house trained. so no puppies!

i can't wait!

Stuck said...

You can turn word verification on to kill spammer-bots

Virginia Belle said...

i know, stuck. i don't get them that often, so i will try and hold off as long as possible for the convenience of my readers. but thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NML/Natalie said...

Gosh, great weekend! It's understandable that you may a feel a little bit neg with a convo topic like that but he sounds cool. Slightly concerned over the Man With No Plan bit, but I'm sure you will conduct your investigations. It's only if he's irresponsible and has no drive at all where you should be concerned with that.