Friday, December 02, 2005

Good News!

All I want to do is go swimming and eat at Applebee's. --Fungus

Fungus is my brother. He is in the National Guard, so he has been in Iraq for about a year now. I just got word that he is on his way home, and may even be stateside right now! Needless to say, the fam is pretty stoked about this. We didn't think he'd be home until the end of January, but now he will be home for Christmas. Then he will head back to college for his senior year.

He emailed me the other day, which is where the quote came from. He also said he wants to go to the mountains because there are real, actual trees there. And no sand.

My hometown is very, very small and since they have nothing better to do, rumor has it that his unit is going to be in the Christmas parade. OK, now I'm going to brag a little here...Fungus is up for a Bronze Star for bravery. He was a prison guard (no, he was not involved in the whole Abu-Gahraib thing) in Iraq and he prevented a big inmate escape plan--all by himself! He held off about 100 prisoners with nothing but a pistol for about a half hour. Yeah! That's MY brother!!! He was interviewed on Fox News and everything. Regardless of how you feel about the war, you gotta admit that is cool. I know I would have been hiding under my bed if I were in that situation!

No comments: