Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Excuse

Oh my gosh. I do apologize for my post yesterday! It was such a whiny, I-feel-sorry-for-myself sort of post. But I have a legitimate excuse which my male readers won't understand as much as my female readers: I'm hormonal. Feeling sorry for yourself comes with the territory. To boot, you get weepy, extremely hungry, extremely tired, bloated, stupid, pissy and migraines. Oh, and klutzy. Men, imagine being both sick and retarded for a week. That is sort of what it's like. Yesterday's post was exhibit A. Today, I add exhibits B, C and D:

B--Thirty-second news story on tv today talking about a dog that fell through the ice and almost died in Indiana. I was sobbing as if it were my own dog. I'm talking tears streaming down my face. I needed kleenex. And the dog was fine!

C--I dropped a gigantic blob of strawberry yogurt on my keyboard this morning. Ever try to get something like that out of your keyboard? It won't absorb into a paper towel, you can't fish it out and it is seriously affected by gravity, meaning that as I type this, it is slowly sinking to the underpart of the keyboard, deep beneath the keys. The good news is, it smells pretty good. The bad news is, I don't know how long.

D--Could....not....get...out....of...bed...this....morning. I felt like a mack truck had hit me.

These behaviors only rear themselves when I'm hormonal. I am very sorry ya'll have to bear the brunt of this. (Yes, I just said "y'all"!) I will try my best to refrain from posting while in these ridiculous moods henceforth. Now, back to the story...

No comments: