Thursday, February 23, 2006

What I Want

Woa. My last post got serious. I guess alcohol is a touchy subject with me. It's hard for me not to be serious about it. I realize that I'm unusual in my lifestyle, and that it often begs a lot of questions, so I am opening up the floor to anyone who feels the need to ask me about my alcohol-free life. I don't mind, honest--I'm soooo used to it. So ask if you want. Trust me, if you just posted on your blog about how you are a virgin or something, I would be asking you nosy questions, too. I mean, no alcohol is one thing, but that would be truly amazing.

This post will be more light-hearted. I don't like being serious too often. Moving on...

Repo called me this morning as I was running errands, trying to get ready for my big move this weekend before heading to work. He offered to bring me lunch. So sweet! (He's always offering to do things for me, and it's awesome! A girl can get used to this...) I asked for Jimmy John's, my favorite! If you have never tried their sandwiches, you simply must! I will kill some people over a #10 on wheat! He came over and dropped it off, so I managed to get a quick smooch in before heading off to work. Yay!

So he wants to know what to get me for my birthday. (Is he a keeper or what?) I hate it when people ask me what I want for my birthday. It makes me feel awkward, because I what I really want to say is, "3-karat diamond stud earrings, please!" but you can't ask for that outright. It's hard to answer it when you don't know what their budget is. Plus, we haven't been dating that long and he just got me flowers. So I have been thinking. Recently I just finished off my favorite candle of all time. I originally thought about asking him to get me another one. Then I remembered that The Cop bought me the candle for my birthday last year. That would be weird, wouldn't it? It would be The Boyfriend Candle. K said that it would be ok. "New man, new candle!" she exclaimed. Plus, she pointed out that it would be an easy present for him to get. I agree. But isn't it weird that he would be replacing a gift bought by the guy who came before him?

So now I have a better idea. I've been thinking about asking Repo to take me somewhere I have never been. I want him to surprise me. That way, he can pick something that is in his budget, has the chance to get creative if he wants and allows us to have a new experience together. It could be a restaurant, a museum, rock climbing, the Comedy Club here in town...there are lots of places I haven't been yet. Several times I've said to him, "Oh, I've always wanted to go there!" as we've been driving. So he should be able to think of something. I'm going to request that it is not something where I could get hurt--so no skydiving or anything like that. Luckily, he hates camping as much as I do, so I don't have to worry about that. I'll see what he thinks about my idea. I think he will like it. I'm excited to see what he does...

I would like to do something for his birthday, too. It was right before we started dating, but I'd still like to do something. Anybody have any cool ideas? Right now, all I've got is a nice homemade dinner. And smooches, of course. Perhaps I should get tickets to something...or something he can use when he tailgates for football games...

Every year, I buy myself a birthday present. This is because usually, people don't get me very exciting gifts, so that way, I'm always sure to get one thing I'm excited about. Not surprisingly to anyone who knows me, it is almost always make-up. Some girls have shoe fetishes. For me, nothing gets me more excited than seeing new lipstick shades at my neighborhood Clinique counter. Oh, you thought my candy addiction was bad? Ha! That's nothing when compared to my approx. 140 lipsticks and 78 eyeshadows. Then there are the 9 lipliners, dozen blushes, 14 or so eyeliners and about 25 bottles of nail polish. Yeah, I stopped counting a loooong time ago. My make-up (or "chemistry set" as Bigfoot likes to call it) gets its own piece of furniture for storage purposes. Now that my friends, is an addiction. So today, I got Royal Rush and Sunkissed and the best mascara in the whole world. Happy Birthday to me!

Repo has been begging me to check out this book from the library for him. I asked him why he didn't just check it out himself. "Um, because I don't have a library card." I informed him that as a librarian, this will not fly with me. Who ever heard of a librarian who dates a guy without a library card? I'm dragging his butt to the library on Sunday and I'm going to introduce him to the wonders of public libraries. He is ridiculous. (Actually...come to think of it...I might just buy it for him as a present...hmmmm...)

In other news, I found out last night that Bigfoot will soon be moving to the other side of town, which was music to my ears. Now the chances of seeing him ever again are very slim. Too bad it didn't happen four months ago. But then again, everything he does irritates me, so why would this be an exception?

I'm pretty much ready to move. All my junk is packed.(You never realize how much stuff you actually have until you move!) I'm ready to get it overwith. I might post again tomorrow, since Fridays are usually pretty slow at work, but otherwise I won't be back until Tuesday. (I'm taking Monday off since it's my birthday and I'll have plenty of stuff to unpack!)

9 comments:

miss jessica lee said...

hey virginia- i was just reading your "single and fabulous" piece on baggage reclaim and i loved it! and to add to #5- the absence of video games. thank god.

Stuck said...

I'm not a gift-person because of this whole guessing game on what people want. I've told my friend to buy what they want for their birthdays and Christmas, and I'll do the same, and these things we buy ourselves can count as the gift from the other.

What is wrong with the boyfriend candle idea? The Cop's candle burned out. Time to replace it. It's practical. (Well, as practical as a scented candle can be.)

Virginia Belle said...

jay elle-- thanks! glad you liked it. and yes, the absence of video games is something i'm very grateful for! amen!

CG--oh trust me, that's a given. but he wanted to give me a gift, so...he liked the idea when i told him last night. he said he has an idea already. when i asked him what he wanted for his belated birthday present, he said he wants the same thing. so now i've got to think of something...

stuckey-- that's a good way to do it, actually. good call. but i like getting surprises! (well, some surprises.) as far as candles are concerned, i'm hoping that Brunette or Blonde nurse will read my post and get the candle for me...

NML/Natalie said...

Ooh, I love Jay Elle's mention of your article. Woo hoo!
Nice idea re the pressie - I look forward to hearing about the mystery location. Your addiction to make up is worse than my addiction to shoes!

sassafras said...

Happy Birthday VB!!!! I hope you have a spectacular day =)

charming, but single said...

Happy Birthday and Moving. It sucks. Hope you love your new place.

You should get him a new flask for tailgating. (That is so what I'd get a boy! Some cute and easy to hide so he can spike my drinks when we're actually in the Stadium!)One of those silver ones with a screw top. As classy as you can get for a flask. ;P

You could also get him away game tickets and make a little weekend out of it. (I'd recommend the Nov. 11 game in the Swamp, assuming I've guessed correctly on his college football team of choice.)

We should do, like, blogger football rivalries this upcoming season. ;P

Virginia Belle said...

NML-- oh yes, honey. my makeup addiction is worse than most heroin addictions. it's truly freakish. although my shoe and dress addictions are not far behind...

Sassy-- thanks, sweetie! i had a super birthday!

CBS-- thanks. the move went very smoothly. excellent call on the flask idea...although, knowing him, he already has one engraved with a large chicken and his initials. i will have to check on that....and also a good call on the away game tickets...i would earn MAJOR points for that one. and yes, we should be posting to each other about football. because really, in the southeast, football is always in season! (and yes, you have guessed correctly!)

charming, but single said...

VB -- Yeah, in the SEC, getting someone away game tickets for a big game is bigger than using the "L" word. ;P

NML/Natalie said...

Hey darling. Happy birthday and I hope you had a good one :-) xxx