Friday, February 17, 2006

Heavy Petting is the Best!

That got your attention, didn't it? Ha ha! Well, Heavy Petting met up again last Wednesday night and we won the weekly trivia contest for the first time! Go us! We won free pool, free appetizers and free t-shirts. Yay!

I watched Crash yesterday. It's a pretty good movie. Makes you think. I like movies like that. You have to pay attention though, or else you will miss important plot developments. But then again, I'm blonde...

My boo-boo still hurts. No verdict on my having skin cancer yet. Great. Now I get to think about it aaaaaaall weekend. I know, most people wouldn't think twice about it. But I've had stuff removed before--I had a big mole removed when I was a kid. So I'm averaging one mole per decade. Not good. (Sorry. I'll try to refrain from talking about moles from now on. Kinda gross, I know. But we are talking about Cindy Crawford-type moles. Tiny-ish. Flat. Hairless.More like large freckles than anything else. Ok, I'll shut up now.)

I had my semi-annual review today. It went fine. My boss reminded me of all the stuff I have to get done by August. Ho-hum. Can do. But she also said her only complaint is that I'm always late to work. Oops. At least I can fix that. I'm turning into The Czarina, She Who is Always Ten Minutes Late. So no more late night Court TV for me. 10:15 bedtime from now on. And maybe staying up until 4:30am on weekends would be a contributing factor to my problem....

Why have I been staying up so late? In a word, Repo. *sigh* We can't help it. We just talk and talk and talk. No, I'm serious! We just talk! Why don't you believe me?? Oh yeah, I'm a hornball. True. And I'm in a dry spell. Yeah. Ok, now I see where you are getting it. But I've actually been a goody two-shoes. Repo and I haven't even made it to first base yet! Aren't you proud?! This is a record for me. We are actually having a mature, adult relationship so far. You know, one where we like each others' brains and personalities. It's refreshing.

It's driving me crazy. I pretty much daydream about making out with him all the time. Which is cool. I don't know how much longer I can take it, though. I am hoping he will want to cash in some of his brownie points this weekend. His account is pretty full, so he can afford it. We are hanging out on Saturday night, so we will see. He told me last night that he loved the Chinese food I made for him--he ate most of it that night, when I gave him enough for about three meals. His roommate joked that Repo should date me just for my cooking. Ha!

Since I'm moving in a week (YES! Only 7 more days with Bigfoot!!!) I will spend the weekend doing a lot of packing. I picked a good time to do it--it is supposed to be rainy and cold all weekend. I told Repo I might be kind of tired on Saturday from packing, so we might just watch a movie or something. Maybe Old School since I'm the only American who has not seen it yet and he's on a mission to change that. It will be yucky outside, so it's good for cuddling anyway. My new sexy red dress will just have to wait for another weekend.

K and I are slowly getting ready for our move. Her dad, her boyfriend and Repo are all going to help us. Yay for the male species!!! We know what furniture we need: definitely another couch and a washer and dryer. Maybe a big thingie to hold our TV (what are those called, anyway? Entertainment centers?) and a dinette set. (I know, I know. Shut up. I own no Big Girl furniture other than a small couch. I like to stay nomadic in case I ever have to be on the run from the law.) I will also need a desk. We found an ad in the paper placed by a lady who has just about everything we are looking for and so I'm going to try and go buy some of it later today. (Don't you just love one-stop shopping? I'm going to try and haggle.) She is so smart because she puts pictures of everything online! So you can see the couch and the washer/dryer we are going to try and buy...and yes, we would be slipcovering the couch! We were thinking about the armoire, but it looks like it would be a pain to move around. Hopefully she will let us pay now and pick it up on Sunday.

Then on Sunday Brunette and I are going to the hockey game and having dinner at this great Thai restaurant. Pad-kee-mau (sp?) with chicken, here I come!!!!

I will try to blog some over the weekend since I didn't blog too much this week. I've been busy at work this week (!) and so I am behind. I have the next installment of B.S. Free Zone coming up, so stay tuned!

And I'll try to post some recipes....maybe.

10 comments:

leelion said...

how about a photo of your good self?

teahouse said...

That's exciting that you're moving! Good luck with it..moving is icky but it sounds like you have good friends to help you out.

Have a good weekend. I'm rooting for you with the skin test thing. I'm sure it'll be fine!

NML/Natalie said...

I really like the wicker seat! I bet you got some real bargains! Talking? Get smooching!

Samborera said...

Heavy petting is indeed the best! [That gets me all the time, as I'm sure it does other like minded people]

Virginia Belle said...

leelion-- um, no. i will remain visually anonymous for now. columbia only has so many librarians under the age of 45, so i don't really want to out myself.

teahouse-- thanks! you are so sweet. i'm really looking forward to moving.

NML-- i liked the wicker seat, too. but i think she was asking too much for it and we can find stuff like that anywhere. so we decided to pass. and i did get working on some smooching this weekend!

samborera-- i know! sometimes i feel bad for people who aren't big perverts. being perverted is so much fun!!!!

Samborera said...

Yes! Finally! Someone who appreciates my perverted ways! These are the small things that make life fun.

Speaking of heavy petting, does Repo not want to make out, or is he just trying to be a 'gentleman'.

The Dummy said...

Sounds like Repo's gonna be reaping some benefits with a post like that! Oh, if he only knew.. :)

Glad to hear Bigfoot is gonna be in your rearview mirror in a week! Whoo hoo! Nothing like starting in a brand new place.

sassafras said...

If your intentions were to blog this weekend, and you haven't, I can only imagine what you were up to...=P

Virginia Belle said...

samborera--greetings, fellow perv! brunette and i were making perv jokes at a hockey game this weekend. you know, "big sticks" "penalty boxes" etc. hee hee hee...

DD--he would pay good money to know about this blog, i'm sure! and only 3 more days of bigfoot! YESS! i thought this day would never come!

CG & Samborera-- he is not gay! he's just a nice guy! sheesh! and it was taken care of this weekend, so it's really not even a problem any more. he said i make him nervous. so there!

Sassafras--um, what can i say? you totally called me out! i'm busted. you called it.

Samborera said...

So there is indeed hope for nice guys. And I thought women preferred bad boys.